Really slack question here.....

endover

----------------

On 4/27/2004 9:20:54 AM arthurs wrote:

Hey chuckears, is that a Rotel RB1090 in your rack?

----------------

arthurs,

Rotel 1095... nice and solid with films, but not as musical as I'd like with 2-channel listening. Hoping I can hook up with a Bryston 9BST, or better yet, one of the new Anthem Statement P5's (yes, I know it would be overkill with Klipsch speakers, but it's still a lovely piece of work...)

"Rotel 1095... nice and solid with films, but not as musical as I'd like with 2-channel listening. Hoping I can hook up with a Bryston 9BST, or better yet, one of the new Anthem Statement P5's (yes, I know it would be overkill with Klipsch speakers, but it's still a lovely piece of work...)"

Agree - the Bryston is very nice, but what don't you like about the 1095 for music? I've been pleasantly surprised at how much I like mine for music. Just curious - and of course, I needed the extra post. 2.gif

Darren,

I went from a 2.1 channel system with a McCormack DNA1 Deluxe amp and TLC1 pre-amp to the Rotel\Anthem combo... The McCormack components produced some of the finest sound I have ever had in my house, or even heard (short of live symphony or chamber music). I was transported to the recording location on some better recordings, and there was a sweetness to it that sometimes brought tears to my eyes.

The Rotel sounds good, but it doesn't do for me what the McCormack set-up did. With the Rotel, I have never felt like the performance was in my living room, much less been seemingly taken to the recording venue.

It was a monetary question; I could not purchase the quality to which I was accustomed in five channels.

I can't explain it much better than that... I really want to get that sound back, and the feelings it evoked in me...