Streamlining the forum.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I look at the 2 channel like the Cheers bar:

We've got our Fraziers. our Sams, Pauls, Coaches, Norms, Cliffs, Woodies, and at least one Diane(sometimes Carla). It's an enjoyable, comfortable place to hang out populated with some spirited, intelligent people. We talk, maybe argue,then go home only to come back tomorrow and take up our favorite stools and do it again.

Mine is a Hanes frame.

Dam, I want a cigarette! It's been 2 months now. My wife must be sneeking a smoke upstairs thinking I can't smell it if she opens a window!6.gif

Rick

----------------

On 5/10/2004 5:38:15 PM Clipped and Shorn wrote:

There is way too much off-topic leeway on this forum generally and it invites trouble.

The topics here have been desigated by the forum constructors in the first place. I suggest it would be better to adhere to them stictly and if one wants to talk about other subjects find the appropriate news groups or email lists and join those.

C&S

----------------

Well, you'll be happy to know that a brand new poster by the name of 'Vanilla Pudding', took your advice to heart. His first topic is totally 'on topic' - he's discussing how much he likes Klipsch speakers! 11.gif

http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/view.asp?topicID=49656&sessionID={7A407646-4C61-4C35-B00A-B78168DFC45C}

Personally, I think I'd rather have the OT stuff!

Cleve

• Moderators

Funny how this thread started as a suggestion on how to streamline and keep things "on-topic" then ended up being about underwear! I find it ironic...

And no, I'm not just a glorified babysitter, although I feel like that starting out. Another purpose I have is to listen and document feedback from our most enthusiastic customers...to stay "in the know" with the audio-world outside of our walls. The more time I can spend away from babysitting, the more productive this venture will be.

Dean, that is because you have such big cojones, next time, try their super-size gigolo model! I cant wear the tight sexy stuff at work, I wear grandpas loose boxers so everything can all hang out. Back when my wife and I had sex, I had this slinky silk

This is a social forum too, NOT just simply free tech support for Klipschs customers, besides music is life, it is NOT the off topic subjects that are the problem, it is the childish insults that provoke emotional responses

4.gif

----------------

On 5/11/2004 9:01:03 AM Amy Unger wrote:

Another purpose I have is to listen and document feedback from our most enthusiastic customers...to stay "in the know" with the audio-world outside of our walls.

----------------

Hello Amy -

Not to detract from the fun (Lord knows I do want to participate), but I find your comment encouraging. Is there someway you can, over time of cousre, show us that some of our concerns about Klipsch and desires for speaker changes are being addressed by those that recieve your user incented suggestions? Us two channel folks are often a terrible market, spend our day delving into geekish humor and generally typing instead of spending time in the real world. Regardless, some folks here really know their stuff and believe a very good speaker can be continuously improved and delivered at a reasonable price.

Of course, we also want some more of the pretty Heritage stuff....

----------------

On 5/11/2004 8:49:16 AM mdeneen wrote:

I think Rick has a pretty good take on it. I don't mind the off-topic stuff that tends to put a little dimension to what would otherwise be 2D cardboard figures asking their questions.

The constant a$$-biting on the otherhand is so painful and tedious it makes me question the time I spend here. I find a bit embarrasing that they had to assign a babysitter to oversee the area.

mdeneen
----------------

My thoughts exactly. On both points. I suggest we take all topics not directly related to "Amplifier and Speaker Matching" to the Espanol section just for a change of pace.

Lighten up, guys. I think if the forum is allowed to be as organic and self-regulating as possible (sans the previously mentioned hostility), it will remain a vital and interesting place to visit. If not, well life goes on. Just be careful what you wish for, Klipsch.

Hopefully,

Ben

The more you try and change things the more they stay the same .

Most off topic starts ( as is the case in this thread ) with some friendly jabbing between " friends " . Most of these guys have been here for so long they know one another very well. Nothing wrong with it as far as i'm concerned.

You want to sterilize this forum to the point where friends can't relate and tease one another, then you'll end up losing some of the most valuble contributors .

Believe it or not !! There are guys here with as much and or more audio related experiance than some people at klipsch. We are the largest A /B test group there is and were all more than willing to share our mistakes with the newbies and uninformed instead of letting them blame poor sound quality on the klipsch product itself.

Garbage in is garbage out !! Paul klipsch himself have a nice yellow button for folks who did'nt see things his way , yet if we here try and convay that thought to another forum member we'd be band for sure .

I've sat back for awhile and read the comments on the forums degradation from the very members who are most responsible for the very problem !!! We don't need a moderator as much as we need to stop baiting those members who are trolling for trouble . " we all know who they are "

The point of this thred is well taken , and yes we all should start reading the topic headings and post in the right place . I have lots of fun down in the movie and DVD area instead of talking music up here .

BTW . Fini : commando is the way to go ( i can hear you singing " swing low sweet berries " ) lol

• Moderators

Hi Henry,

I certainly will give feedback to everyone whenever possible! And don't worry, I don't spend all my time in the 2-channel area. I read everything, it's just that the 2-channel section seems to warrant the most patrolling 1.gif

• Moderators

No one is trying to do away with teasing or friendly banter, or even off-topic discussions. It's the personal attacks that need to go away. I think everyone can agree with that.

Amy Unger....Dont let the beauty of our underwhere misslead you. But the 2 channel site does have more serious problems to resolve. Sutch as HINTING to Klipsch LLC to expand the HERITAGE line. Bring back the Cornwall, Introduce the Jubilee. Step up the production on the Klipschorn (without a 6 month waite). This forum should include members of the company all the time to give insite to to its products. AODIOKARMA forum has some one from McIntosh (ron c) A company rep. that helps every day in helping solve problems & hints at future products that may be produced.

"This is a social forum too, NOT just simply free tech support for Klipschs customers, besides music is life, it is NOT the off topic subjects that are the problem, it is the childish insults that provoke emotional responses"

I agree 100%, which is why I changed the topic to underwear. After near 7000 posts and three years, I don't hang out here just to get advice on my system -- but to enjoy the relational aspects.

If someone doesn't like, or doesn't have any interest in an off topic thread -- they shouldn't open it.

I also post things here that probably would be best suited for Technical Questions, Odds and Mods, and Updating Older Speakers sections of the forum -- but I'm primarily interested in capturing the thoughts of those who reside here -- people I've developed relationships with. Also, since the conversations often contain information that might interest, or possibly benefit others -- it makes more sense to post -- than to PM or email.

I have really big cajones.

I have even used the same calculations that I used to determine the size of my bass reflex speaker cabinets to proportion my cajones.

The point of no return with cajones is the size of the head.

If you want a really big head you need to use a thicker door skin.

It is easy to remove the door skin if it is too soggy, then try a thicker door skin.

In one case, even the thick door skin did not work, so I am going to get a cowhide and just make a large drum.

The origin of the cajon was a cod-fish crate (found on the docks of Havana) for the large size, and a candle box for the small size (imported for use in the Churches). The palito was played with a couple of spoons (easy to carry in the pocket), on the sides of the large cajon.

You could use your drawers as well (but probably not Fruit of the Loom), but rather the kind protruding from your chest.

In recent years the cajones have become very popular and can be seen in videos. We are way beyond the era of the Cod pieces.

MY FAT CAJONES

and don't forget to sample the fat cajones, just click, and you will hear

C&S

ps, ironically, recycling old "cheapo" speaker cabinets makes for bad cajones. The good ones are made from very high grade plywood.

"Funny how this thread started as a suggestion on how to streamline and keep things "on-topic" then ended up being about underwear! I find it ironic..."

A little humor goes a long way of making someone's day.

Actually, underwear is essentially the same as your two-channel audio gears. They are a necessity part of everyday life unless you don't ever leave the room and bare essential will suffice.

"Also, since the conversations often contain information that might interest, or possibly benefit others -- it makes more sense to post -- than to PM or email."

Does that include posts relating to Kelly that you often remind us to take them to PM? Others could "benefit" from them you know!