Streamlining the forum.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello Amy:

To note: My Mother was a dual graduate (full Scholarship) for Violin and Viola from the Eastman School Of Music. My Father a trumpet and harmonica player. I play Bass guitar and have taken the Eastman School's Recording seminar plus much experience in live sound and recording.

That said, I have owned Klipsch Speakers since 197. To date I have owned 7 pair ranging from Heresy to Chorus II. Presently 2 pair Cornwall II 1 pair Heresy.

I enjoy 2 channel. I have yet to go to a concert with the musicians behind me. Reflected soud from the front is the norm. I can run my television through my 2 channel system if desired.

Some of us 2 channel - I speak for myself - are a little older and more set in our ways. The days of constant model changes and upgrades can be irritating. The 2 channel section does have more conflict because of the choices and the desires/opinions of those of us that post.

Usually there are mostly questions, comments, thoughts about 2 channel. Those include comments about some eBay if there was a bad deal. That knowledge is a help to anyone wanting to buy Klipsch, Scott, McIntosh etc..

In the posted today I see a number of service problems or failure of Klipsch Multi-Media. Even after a number of years in service, one does not see the same for the Heritage Line.

This forum does promote the ability to make contact with others - at times it should be off the forum, but we see the types that prefer to spout on forum.

As mentioned in another post, we 2 channel people are beginning to feel, or are made to feel that we are dinosaurs. For me, a 3 way speaker such as the Cornwall II is quite satisfactory, rather than the 2 channel that is available witha nedd for a subwoofer for moderate and heavy for HT.

Please note that these are my views and opinions. Many will disagree with me. This forum, especially the 2 channel is a point of finding the equipment I desire through some of the postings, a lower price offered by many to forum members and a way to upgrade the "ancient" 2 channel equipment.

I have gone on enough for you to get a flavor and will PM other thoughts at another time.

I appreciate shutting down flames and arguments and the work you do. I only hope that the suggestions made in the 2 channel are passed to those that would consider them seriously.

If you respond, could you also PM or email me as I will not be back on until tomorrow afternoon.

Thank You,

dodger Win

• Moderators

I will send a PM on the other thoughts, but one point I wanted to clarify:

"In the posted today I see a number of service problems or failure of Klipsch Multi-Media. Even after a number of years in service, one does not see the same for the Heritage Line."

You MUST take a look at ratios when you compare our product lines. The sheer number of multi media systems sold will skew the number of failures compared to Klipsch's other products! Granted, the original 5.1s had definite issues, but that has been the exception. We have corrected them and moved on with the outstanding Ultra 5.1s.

Enough said on that...

----------------

On 5/11/2004 12:18:42 PM neo33 wrote:

Actually, underwear is essentially the same as your two-channel audio gears.

----------------

Are you refering to the debate over whether to leave them on or not?

----------------

On 5/11/2004 2:46:39 PM fini wrote:

----------------

On 5/11/2004 12:18:42 PM neo33 wrote:

Actually, underwear is essentially the same as your two-channel audio gears.

----------------

Are you refering to the debate over whether to leave them on or not?

----------------

Dang, Dang, Dang Fini. Just when I swear I will not laugh at your inane, sophomoric interruptions I find myself wiping the diet coke off the screen (that came through my nose as I started laughing....)3.gif

edited by adding smiley face for Amy.

----------------

On 5/11/2004 4:23:01 PM bkrop wrote:

Any ideas as to why some briefs open to the left and some brands open to the right?

----------------

Two possible answers:

It's a boy/girl thing.6.gif

The first three days they open to the left, the last three days they open to the right, then you wash them9.gif

Rick

----------------

On 5/11/2004 4:23:01 PM bkrop wrote:

Any ideas as to why some briefs open to the left and some brands open to the right?
----------------

Of course, we all know the answer to that. You must not be from around here - or worse, are you possibly a Bose mole?

Your presence is requested to testify at the Klipsch House Unhorn-like Activities Committee. This committee is headed by Amy McCarthy. You will be asked about your association with Bose and any other non-horn speaker. Be prepared to either admit you association is current, if you association is not current provide names of members you knew or say nothing and face being blacklisted on this forum.

The choice is yours.

Neo, the thing is -- in that thread I said I was just kidding around. Yeah, I was kind of serious, but it wasn't that big of a deal. It's not really that uncommon to see someone put out a call for someone -- especially if they're not answering their emails.

I guess I owe you an apology -- Sorry.