Need picture of LaScala freq. response curve

mark1101

What kind of frequency response curve are you looking for? Anechoic response as might be in manufacturer's specifications? Or real world room response? The frequency response curve under real world conditions will vary depending on the room's size, proportions, acoustical properties, objects in the room, where the speaker is located, & where the measurement was taken, what kind of test signals were used, etc. Unfortunately it's not as clear cut as it seems.

Guys. All set. I found the brochure that came with my LaScalas, finally. I just wanted to take a quick look at the difference between corns and LaScalas. I recently reversed my systems and now have the LaScalas upstairs and the corns in the basement. Turns out to have been a great move soundwise. But the LaScalas lack the bottom below 60Hz. that the corns have, and drop out much earlier than the corns below that. It was very noticeable in the room after having the corns there for a couple of years. I used the DBX-1231 to sharpen up the bottom nicely and with the Scott 222, it's very nice for now.

Thanks

• 2 months later...

Now all we need is to know what the setup was to achieve the curves. Like were the Khorns tightly in a corner while the rest of the speakers were placed in the center of the chamber ? I would really be interested in knowing the testing procedure for this stuff. Trey where are you ??

Rick,

I know what there from. I would like to know exactly how it was done and then again how its done between the speakers today in the chamber at Indy. The chamber they use now was made complete with a corner for the klipschorn (not a false corner) the setup is very impressive.

Craig