email just received from Cut-Throat

Parrot

----------------

On 5/27/2004 6:52:00 PM paulparrot wrote:

That is a shame.

Tell me about it. Shame doesn't begin to describe the extent to which my obsession with you has ruined my mental health.

To put this thread in perspective for any newbies who might stumble on it: Cut-Throat's problem with me, that he would write me such an email, is due to--get this--a disagreement on amps.

I would venture a guess that it may have something to do with the
manner
in which you disagree.

----------------

Paul, this thread will probably be shut down tomorrow. I just can't understand why it even got posted up here in the first place.

If you have a personal (well-documented) issue, please handle it off-line. You guys are smart, well-educated adults; don't drag us through it.

Please?

Hugs.

Chris

Dean---Yeah, I saw Troy, the picture is a disgrace. Homer, Aeschylus, Euripides and Vergil must be twisting in their graves. I reckon Hollywood, in it's hubris, thought it could improve on those fellas.

Let's see; instead of Helen and Menelaus going back to Sparta and Paris being killed by Philoctetes, Paris and Helen both get away. And after Hector has killed Menelaus. (!!??!!) This is after Hector kills Ajax. (??!!??)

Meanwhile Iphegenia and Cassandra are never mentioned and Agememnon is killed by some Trojan strumpet during the sack instead of by Clytemnestra when he gets home. So much for Orestes and Electra.

And they left out the parts where Achilles' son cuts Polyxena's throat over his father's grave and Odysseus has Hector's infant son, Astyananx, thrown from the walls. I guess Sean Bean didn't want to say "only a fool kills the father and allows the son to live".

I never got any real education with the Greek stuff. I can't even tell you if it's myth, or from Greek Classic literature, or if they are both one in the same thing.

I just enjoyed the movie as far as movies go, and was kind of impressed with Pitt who seems to be able to do an excellent job with whatever he's handed.

When you watch these type things it must be awful for you. I know how I feel when I watch some pathetic rendition of a Bible "story".

Books are for learning and movies are for entertainment , anyone dumb enough to think hollywood is smart enough to half *** follow suit with any historical story line deserves to be let down .

It's all about the cash , the story line just lures in the suckers .

Dale---Strange to say but books are for entertainment too, as is learning itself. :)

But what kills me is that the writings from which we get the Troy legend, those of Homer, Vergil, Euripides and Aescheylus, are between 2000 and 2800 years old. These stories have obviously stood the test of time as entertainment. It would have been so easy for Hollywood to have followed the straight story and made a better picture while they were at it.

And they wouldn't have to pay Homer and Vergil. :)

This forum sure was a lot more friendly back in it's first couple of years. I realize it has grown a bunch, it's just too bad that some folks find it necessary to belittle others due to a difference in opinion. I think maybe some people spend a little bit too much time here.

Seems since Forresthump appeared on this BB, things have never quite been the same. Way too many pissing contests lately...........

Lighten up, it's not that big of a deal. It's a BULLETIN BOARD, not a contest.

Take care

Mike....................

----------------

On 5/27/2004 11:57:23 PM Mikekid wrote:

This forum sure was a lot more friendly back in it's first couple of years. I realize it has grown a bunch, it's just too bad that some folks find it necessary to belittle others due to a difference in opinion......

Way too many pissing contests lately...........

Lighten up, it's not that big of a deal. It's a BULLETIN BOARD, not a contest.

Take care

Mike....................

----------------

On Target!

----------------

On 5/27/2004 11:10:11 PM TBrennan wrote:

Dale---Strange to say but books are for entertainment too, as is learning itself. :)

TOM: I wholeheartingly agree with you there .

Seems to me like / if hollywood can screw it up they will . Very seldom am i not disappointed when attending one of these historical remake theme movies .

I for one read way to many books for my own good , so like most people you create the sene in your mind , when a movie hits the shelf then your looking into the way someone elses mind thinks it should be . Sometimes the two conflict .

Hmmm, I could be wrong here, but I thought the way to have non-polite disputes and insults was to send them in private messages. If that's the case, why has this thread been started? I'm sure the origional private message sent was not intended for public display, nor should it have been. If you receive a private message that insults you, inform the moderator and keep it off the forum. Posting it here does a dis-service to the entire forum, as it just gets the moderators madder and take us one step closer to being shut down permanately.

Dave