$65,000.00 speakers!

jdm56

Stereophile tested a pair of Audio-Physic (sp) speakers in their latest issue that list for 65K. Can you imagine? They looked like something that should be around 5-7 thou tops. I can't believe anyone actually buys these things! Of course, the review concluded they were mahhh-velous!

Let's see, 4ft. tall pair of German speakers on one hand, or a loaded Corvette. Hm, which would it be...?9.gif

Ever check the weight of these high end beasts ?????

Geniss III ( no longer in production ) powered array weighed in at 1200lbs per side !!!!!!!!!!!

Enough magnets in those beasts to suck your fridge through the wall.

Just because something is expensive does'nt mean it's crap , lot of this stuff is custom built and one off's. Some very progressive minds at work out there.

One must keep in perspective what a speaker company is and what there focus is ( mass production is just that ) assembly line stuff will never match the quality of hand built , but then again neither will the price .

You can't have your cake and eat it too .

But i do believe klipsch has come the closest to providing just that , in there heritage line up .

I can appreciate hand-built one-offs using the finest materials, but 65 to 100 grand? That's just plain ridiculous IMO! A house is one thing, but a pair of loudspeakers is something different entirely and just not worth it. Even if I was loaded, buying brand new Klipschorns would be the most I'd ever spend on loudspeakers. Same goes for esoteric turntables and tube amps in the above price range...it'd be a cold day in the neather region before I'd spend that much on a single audio component when you can buy a SET or a rebuilt Scott for less than a grand and the sound is so realistic it's scarey!

But that's just my two cents (which is all I have)...