Want to see my Heritage HT

j-malotky

Since the odds and mods, the place we use to be where we posted pics of our setups, has been moved to the updates sections, I posted pics of my setup there.

With the new Forum layout, I should have posted the thread here.

http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/view.asp?topicID=50440

FYI - The front shot of my room is pretty dark because of the distance and flash. The front wall has the same paint that is on the back wall.

Hope you enjoy the pics.1.gif

JM

Very nice. Me, me, likey....... Great mounts you have for the flying Heresies. Love everything, including, of course, the SVS twins!!

I guess I missed the memo (or the update) on the changes in the forum.

Me bad. I just noticed that over the weekend, the odds and mods section disappeared so I just posted pics in the HT forum.

Sometimes, I do guess right after all. Hardly ever happens when I really want it to though. 8.gif

Again. Beautiful setup. 9.gif

Carl.

Beautiful set up!!!!!!!6.gif You may well be able to answer a question I seek an answer to the most. Since you effectively have a La Scala HF section above your display and what looks like two Heresy cabinets modified to provide the bass below your display. How do you like the imaging/sound with center split up so high/down so low? I am entertaining the idea of splitting a La Scala into two sections with the HF section above and the bass bin below my display. I have La Scala mains and will be filling in my system the split La Scala and Heresy IIs. I noticed you have most of your Heresys mounted up near your ceiling. How do you like that as well? Those SVS tubes look sweet as well!

j.4knee

If I had room, the split LAS is exactly what I would do. I would rather have a full horn load in my center. Maybe my next house.

What I have found in my HT playing is, that when you fly the speakers, you get a much better sence of surround immaging. For some reason, when the sound is comming down twords you, it seems to blend better, and I notice a much better 3D surround effect. Please also note, I angle the speakers downword to the listening sweet spot. This gives the full range glory of a Heritage Monopole speaker, with great 3D surround imaging.

Having the center split follows the same logic. Before I built the top cabinet, I tested putting my K400 below and above my screen. I noticed having it over my screen, you get a better sensation of the sound is comming from the actors as they move across the screen, than having it below. Maybe, in my case, it is becasue with my screen, it is so low. I would bet results would differ if I had a smaller screen, alowing me to get the horn closer to ear level below the screen.

The bass cabinet works well under since bass sound is pretty undirectional sounding under 80-100hz.

Thanks for all the nice comments.

JM

NIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE9.gif VERRRRRRRY NIIIIIIIIICE9.gif9.gif

Isn't Mac and Klipsch most delicious? A trio of 250's eh? I have just that very idea cooking here, as I now have the 250 from 2 channel available for the HT.........

And that screen - befitting of the Heritage performance.

I must hear this sometime3.gif I've been telling myself to get up there to hear it, and have yet to make time. Sure looks mouth watering3.gif

Just a brief comment on the above/below issue with the center channel. My experiences have mirrored yours. I got an answer from a doctor friend of mine. He said that human hearing is much more sensitive to direction and tone when the source is at or below ear level then above ear level. Something to do with evolution and all that. I take him at his word and my expereinces tend to bear this out as well.

Laters,

Jeff

----------------

On 6/4/2004 12:18:48 PM eq_shadimar wrote:

Just a brief comment on the above/below issue with the center channel. My experiences have mirrored yours. I got an answer from a doctor friend of mine. He said that human hearing is much more sensitive to direction and tone when the source is at or below ear level then above ear level. Something to do with evolution and all that. I take him at his word and my expereinces tend to bear this out as well.

Laters,

Jeff

----------------

Jeff

That is interesting, your post has me thinking. When I am in my tree stand hunting and hear a noise comming from the forest floor, I can tell the direction and distance instantainously.

I bet the evolution was for the thousands of years men had to hunt for there familys food.

JM