I'm here to stay

NOSValves

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Craig

I'm here to stay. This forum is too good to let a few nuts drive me away.

But, I also must add that I rarely post in the 2CH anymore as well. Not like I use too.

There are some threads I don't even bother to read when I see the title and who posted it.

Over the years, as I meet more and more of you guys in person and learn your personalities, I take less offence in what I read.

JM

In a long series of very fierce battles, now on this front, now on that, fighting on many fronts at once, battles fought by two or many posters against an equal or sometimes larger number of the enemy, and fought very fiercely on old ground so many of us knew so well, our losses in posters exceed hundreds in gone, missing and left. I take this occasion for expressing the sympathy of the Forum with those who have suffered insults.

The Moderator of the Forum is not yet here. Her son is due all too soon, but I would say about the ones who left -- we have had a large number of the missing come back safely to this Forum -- there may be very many who left who will come back here some day.

In the emotion of departure, it is inevitable that many should feel be cut off. Against this loss of hundreds of posters, we may set the far heavier loss certainly inflicted on the enemy, the lovers of cones, but our losses in knowledge are enormous. We have perhaps lost a huge percentage of posters.

These losses further delay on our expansion of our audio knowledge. That expansion has not been proceeding as fast as we had hoped. The best of all we had to give has been given to the Forum, and although they had not the number of amplifiers and some articles of equipment which were desirable, we are a very well and finely equipped army. We have the fruits of all our industry, vintage or new, tube or solid-state. That has gone and now here is further delay.

How long it will be, how long it will last depends upon the exertions which we make on this Forum. An effort, the like of which has never been seen in our records, is now being made. Work is proceeding night and day. Sundays and week days. Solid-state and tube lovers have cast aside their interests, rights and customs and put everything into the common stock. Already the flow of information leaps forward. There is no reason why we should not in a few months overtake the sudden and serious loss that has come upon us without retarding the posters of our general Forum.

Nevertheless, our thankfulness at the escape of a few obnoxious members, and the thankfulness of the remaining ones, who passed through agonizing workweeks, must not blind us to the fact that what happened in closed threads is a colossal free-speech disaster.

The Forum has been weakened, the complete freedom of speech has been lost and a large part of those closed threads lines upon which so much information was reposed has gone, and many valuable nuggets have passed into the abyss.

The whole of the Forum ports are in Amys hands, with all the strategic consequences that follow from that, and we must expect another blow to be struck almost immediately at us.

We were told that Amy has plans for invading the rude threads. This has often been thought of before. When McCarty lay at the Red Menace in the 50s with his cold-bottom heart and his Grand Inquisition, some one told him there were bitter weeds in the great American progressive social experiment.

There certainly were and a good many more of them have since been returned. The whole question of defense against censure is powerfully affected by the fact that we have for the time being in this Forum incomparably more conservative attitudes than we had in the last decade. But this will not continue. We shall not be content with a defensive position. We have our duty to our posters.

We have to reconstitute and build up the Forum once again under its gallant Commanders, Amy and Trey. All this is en train. But now I feel we must put our contributions in this Forum into such a high state that the fewest possible numbers will give departure notice and that the largest possible potential information effort may be released

We shall not flag nor fail. We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in Forum and on the other BBS; we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the Internet. We shall defend our Forum whatever the cost may be; we shall fight on the threads. We shall never surrender and even if, which I do not for the moment believe, this Forum or a large part of it were subjugated and closed-off, then our group beyond the Forum, armed and guarded by the Constitution of the US, will carry on the struggle until in God's good time the new Forum with all its power and might, sets forth to the liberation and rescue of the Old.

With apologies to the late British PM, Sir Winston Churchill, Speech before Commons

(June 4, 1940)

9.gif

----------------

On 6/18/2004 9:56:43 AM NOSValves wrote:

----------------

On 6/18/2004 9:48:34 AM Dale W wrote:

----------------

On 6/18/2004 9:37:18 AM NOSValves wrote:

I feel for you brother !

----------------

" F a g " !!!

"<a
http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/images/smilies/9.gif">
----------------
6.gif

----------------

Oh boy, now NOSValves is being called on his sexual orientation. 6.gif

This is getting really sad.

----------------

On 6/18/2004 10:18:26 AM NOSValves wrote:

Dale was kidding....I think

----------------

Of cource i was kidding

2.gif

Tell you the truth i miss read your post from the start , i thought it said

" I feel you buddy " I missed the " for " !

Still it was funny , BTW craig is a lesbien ( spelling ? ) anyway , but hey i can't fault the guy there !! i love woman too 9.gif