Hey Fini!!!!

Rdmarsiii

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm reluctant to interpose my opinion here. I guess I really am a wishy washy liberal.

I guess some people might be moderatly perturbed (upset would be too strong a word in this case) if they post a topic in a paticular section only to have it moved. For example, I solicited music suggestions in 2 Channel two weekends ago and posted a review of cd's purchased as a result of that thread. My reasons were twofold: one the DVd section seems to be where music threads go to die. Second, I thought I'd get better suggestions there. Poeple who have been here for a while know the layout and know where and why they are posting a particular topic.

On the other hand I've posted topics in the General Fourm (i.e. What was Your Best Score Ever) because that's where they rightly belonged.

In general I try to stay away from getting too political here despite my own

strongly held opinions because by and large they don't belong here. But once there're up I'm willing to let them run their course. Don't post any of my own in this forum (except for one ocassion-couldn't figure out how to edit it).

Participated in the Topic about Henry Waxman only to point out the high regard he is held in on both sides of the Isle over his ABILITIES, not his political views. Stayed out of the Reagan thread because the controvesy my own views would have undoubtably caused.

Don't envy you this part of your job Amy. I applauded closing down the thread after the extremely viscious atack on one member who was kind enough to review entry level DVD players for us. Same for the hijacking any vitrol associated with the fellow who was trying to sell some gear in 2Channel.

On the other hand (told you I ws wishy washy) the same weekend this is going on a member posts a gun thread for crying out loud. While I was amused that with the weaponry some of those guys are packing they can play their music as loud as they want, guns are inherently a controversial political subject in this country. Gun threads have nothing to do with audio and one must wonder why they continue to be tolerated here.

• Moderators

thebes: Thanks for your thoughts, presented in a non-defensive or offensive way 1.gif

Yes, the gun thread is a fine line. On the one hand, it is in the general forum, they aren't talking about using them in an offensive way, it hasn't turned to the political "should they be banned/should they not" discussion...but on the other hand, guns can be inherently offensive, as well as inherently political.

What I DO know is that if I shut down that thread, I would be mercilessly attacked by those content to talk about it here. Kinda makes me want to shut it down just for that reason 2.gif

Thanks Paul,

I appreciate that very much. In Fini's absence, I am glad I can make someone laugh as well.

Of course, I wasn't comparing 'moderating' but rather 'banning.' Subtle, but substantial, difference. Unfortunately, subtlety often results in an idea not being grasped as the writer had intended.

Hello:

The freedom of speech would be applicable if this were a truly public forum.

It is not. It is provided by Klipsch for the sole use of those who follow the stated ruling of the Moderators.

As for the moving of threads, it is quite simple - as I log in I choose the "posted today" which will give you a perspective on many topics that the Moderators have a say in.

As I noted, it is difficult when you are cyber friends or responding in a personal manner. PM is the mode that would be applicable in those cases.

dodger

What I find disturbing is the fact that in multiple threads where people quit the forum, the poster's reason for quiting is deleted with only a blank post left showing!

C'mon not 3 times in a row!

WTF?7.gif

----------------

On 6/22/2004 6:31:00 PM bkrop wrote:

What I find disturbing is the fact that in multiple threads where people quit the forum, the poster's reason for quiting is deleted with only a blank post left showing!

C'mon not 3 times in a row!

WTF?

----------------

No need to swear. Nothing was deleted from the three posts. The entire message in the body was "."

On 6/22/2004 9:11:30 PM Olorin wrote:

That's not what happened.

---------------

bkrop,

Parrot told you

Parrot told you again

neo33 expressed much the same

Olorin told you

Now the boomac will quote the Parrot, "Nothing was deleted from the three posts. The entire message in the body was ".""

----------------

On 6/22/2004 12:48:43 PM neo33 wrote:

It seems as if Allan can't stand my political viewpoint. In my "Reagan" thread, he refuse to pay respect to the dead. As neutral as Trey can be, he did "lower" his hat to Reagan which Allan won't do. Maybe that's why he left.

----------------

And to think. I actually stood in that 5 hour long line to pay my final respects to the man. 6.gif Gotta admit, in the end it truly was a sobering, but reverent experience and I am certainly proud to say that I did that, political issues aside. 1.gif But I digres....

----------------

On 6/23/2004 12:15:45 AM Clipped and Shorn wrote:

It seems to me that the forum has exchanged fini for Amy. Hope you all enjoy Amy as much as you did the fini because they are mutually exclusive and thats that. Have fun. In other words, you get what you deserve.

C&S

----------------

Somehow I can't see Fini leaving because of Amy.

I don't see him as being that upset if offensive material was removed or some discussions were moved.

The threads that were definitely removed were not only offensive but the photos they referred to along with their content were violations of most any legal Forum.

Moving threads? How hard can it be to move around in this Forum?

Am I defending Amy? Yes! I have not seen her acting as a censor. When people left all they bothered to do was post "." - not even have a nice life.

Would I like some of them back - YES.

However, if they cannot be bothered to post anything more than "." or PM me - how should I react? How should a number of people react?

I can deal with an active Moderator.

I am coming into the Klipsch Forum, owned by Klipsch, put up for the audio discussion and a place where cyber friends are made.

I am against censorship. I have done two (2) thesis regarding such. But this is not a public sidewalk nor is it a complete free-for-all. You register, figure out what the rules are and post in a Forum supplied by Klipsch, paid for by Klipsch.

If Klipsch shut this down entirely, would we have ANY basis for any legal action or other action besides a boycott? No.

I am a liberal, a hold-over from the late 60s, early 70s mind set. It was easy then - you knew the laws, break them you get action against you. That is in public life. This is not.

But in looking at those who left, did they care enough to make any contact? No. Those who are left - is there a good knowledge base ? Ben, Guy, Gary, Colin, Paul, Craig, Ryan, Chris

I think they can hold their own - my apologies to those I did not mention.

If it's a case of having a Moderator that caused them to leave, think of an expressway with a 60 mph limit. You drive 75 for months. Then as you go by at 75 a State Police Officer pulls you over. You may get a ticket.

Do you then avoid using that road because of radar? Enforcement?

Simplistic analogy, but valid.

dodger