Newest moderator for Sub forum

Amy

OK, Neon then, was the ill-fated Klipsch LF10 sub-woofer, with its 500-watt amplifier, one active and two passive 10 drivers, before your time?

Would additional weight on top of the KSW or LF series help the bass by dampening cabinet resonances?

What about a 2 sub stand? Does that help?

4.gif

Guest Deon Bearden

----------------

On 6/24/2004 1:28:41 PM Colin wrote:

OK, Neon then, was the ill-fated Klipsch LF10 sub-woofer, with its 500-watt amplifier, one active and two passive 10” drivers, before your time?

Would additional weight on top of the KSW or LF series help the bass by dampening cabinet resonances?

What about a 2’ sub stand? Does that help?

4.gif

----------------

1: Their design and original launch occurred just as I came one board. Other than that I cannot say, no secrets revealed, remember :) I'm not here to 'dish'.

2: No.

3: No.

Hi Deon

If you remember me, I was one of the guy chatting with you in the parking lot of the theater till 1:30 AM1.gif Even after they turned off the lights and the kids making out in the cars had left.

Did you ever ask about my Heritage dealer idea we talked about?

Good to see you here.

JM

Guest Deon Bearden

----------------

On 6/24/2004 2:09:52 PM j-malotky wrote:

Hi Deon

If you remember me, I was one of the guy chatting with you in the parking lot of the theater till 1:30 AM

Did you ever ask about my Heritage dealer idea we talked about?

Good to see you here.

JM

----------------

You may be thinking of Dion Longworth, tall guy, black hair, goatee. He's in the product development department. I'm part of the acoustic engineering department.

Guest Deon Bearden

----------------

On 6/24/2004 3:28:15 PM damonrpayne wrote:

So, you are unable to comment on Reference Premiere subs with 18" woofers?

----------------

No person employed by Klipsch Audio Technologies, nor any company or persons with knowledge of any potential upcoming product bound by our non disclosure agreements are allowed to provide ANY information WHATSOEVER not released by our Public Relations department prior to the release of said information or product, PERIOD. Please understand were we to unofficially release information on a product prior to it's official release it could very easily be used by our competitors to their advantage. Also understand that prior to any production release of any product (in any company) it may go through various iterations, design changes and or multiple refinements, or possibly even be cancelled prior to full scale production so ANY information not released by p.r. from sources close to product design can be considered pre-mature, absolutely un-trustworthy, and completely un-professional..

That said.

No. I am not able to comment.

----------------

On 6/24/2004 5:24:58 PM wrench_peddler wrote:

If he doesn't learn to shorten his replies, he will either be spending a lot more time on hear than he thinks or only answer one question a week.
1.gif

----------------

nah... it's just some cut and paste "Customer Service" meets "End User Agreement". I usually just skip to the "I Agree" button. 2.gif

BTW, welcome to the forum Deon BeardMan (sic). We'll have to get you a better icon the little grey man, you look just like wrench_peddler (and Amy for that matter).

I'm here to keep these guys honest.... 12.gif

Rob

----------------

On 6/24/2004 4:28:28 PM Deon Bearden wrote:

< Please understand were we to unofficially release information on a product prior to it's official release it could very easily be used by our competitors to their advantage...

>[bR>

Hi Deon, we've never met unless you've been to Australia recently. Your above reply puzzles me....I didn't know Klipsch
had
any competitors!!!

Regards,

Edwin.

Everyone has competitors really.

I would say Klipsch's biggest competition is in the realm of subwoofers not loudspeakers. SVS was a hot topic of conversation during the Indy tour this year. That's why I want Klipsch to release an 18hz reference premier subwoofer with a beautiful veneer and that very slick curved enclosure to go with my Heritage speakers. Otherwise, my next subwoofer dollars may go to a pair of mahogany finished SS and Crown bass amp. (sorry!)

Deon, welcome to the board and good luck, first and only question, so when do you think Klipsch is going to produce a proper subwoofer to match their Heritage line(I'll leave the centre channel out of it), which I think is "long" overdue as many other Heritage HT owners think..10.gif

I'm currently using a Velodyne FSR-18 with my Khorn\HerseyII"s\KLFC7 setup, not that I'm complaining about Vel, but would like to see my speaker company full out with HT in my speaker line.

any insight would be appreciated,

thanks.

Hey, Deon is da' Man! Your subwoofer comparison test 2 years ago should be mandatory on every sales floor. Based on that, I've recommended the RW-12 to many people looking for a mid to low priced sub.

----------------

On 6/27/2004 10:05:43 PM formica wrote:

----------------

On 6/27/2004 7:08:36 PM TheEAR wrote:

What did you do?

----------------

Just a troll showing off his new alias... Some people are amused by the smallest of things.

----------------

LOL

Yes I found his identity! Its Tweek also known as Skeptic! GOTCHA!