Wife wants me to adopt new way of thinking

mandi

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My S.O. always complains that I need to get a hobby. So, since I enjoy music and vintage electronics, I figured I'd spend more saturdays on the rummage/garage sale circuit this year. I already have 3 pair of Klipsch but I can only play 1 pair at a time.

So, what'd I do? Found a small pair of Polk 4.5's 2 weeks ago.

Yesterday, found a pair of JBL 4311B's. She says "YOU'RE GOING TO SELL THOSE, RIGHT?". Nag, Nag, Nag!

She has a thing against speakers in the house. None of these are allowed upstairs. I tried to talk her into letting me hook up the small Polk's that would be hidden by the sofa, to use on the home theater's "B'" output. Nada - ain't gonna happen.

Here's the clincher: there was a pair of gorgeous oak Belle's on ebay awhile back, and after begging her to look at them, said "WAY TOO BIG - AND UGLY TO BOOT".

Well, in a nutshell, I ain't selling any speakers and I'm gonna be buying more - how's that for a hobby "DEAR?"

NP - Trouble - Manic Frustration

----------------

On 6/27/2004 9:04:28 PM Rockhard wrote:

Here's the clincher: there was a pair of gorgeous oak Belle's on ebay awhile back, and after begging her to look at them, said "WAY TOO BIG - AND UGLY TO BOOT".

NP - Trouble - Manic Frustration

----------------

Just tell her they're collector's items. Antiques that are sure to appreciate...."..after all, all the best trendy people are buying them".

The picture is the a tree representing the Lungs of the earth, you know the breath of life. The tree looks like a picture of all the brochioll(sp) branches in the lung.

My wife told me to get a hobby several times and then when I do there are the complaints about spending too much time on the hobby. Never really so much about the money since she pretty much puts tabs on that.

I had to laugh though, the other day one of her friends came in and was really amazed at her strange endtables, she had never seen any like them, did not really like them but thought they looked nice where we had them, did not understand the storage space in the bottom and wondered if the grill somehow hid a drawer. My wife then asked me to turn them on so her friend could hear "our endtables"

hehhehe yep the LaScalas

----------------

On 6/28/2004 12:28:52 PM mandi wrote:

My wife told me to get a hobby several times and then when I do there are the complaints about spending too much time on the hobby. Never really so much about the money since she pretty much puts tabs on that.

I had to laugh though, the other day one of her friends came in and was really amazed at her strange endtables, she had never seen any like them, did not really like them but thought they looked nice where we had them, did not understand the storage space in the bottom and wondered if the grill somehow hid a drawer. My wife then asked me to turn them on so her friend could hear "our endtables"

hehhehe yep the LaScalas----------------

That's true mandi many people outside the Klipsch world that I have shown this stuff to have commented that the speakers are very furniture like. Surprising they do not have a high WAF despite their large size.