Fahrenheit 911 soundtrack

Colin

I heard Fahrenheit 911 soundtrack last night alone because all my friends heard it and said it is great. Well, it is good maybe, but it is hardly great. It makes me wonder what working-class director/producer Michael Moore might have done with the soundtrack for Bowling for Columbine if he had more money. At least there, I learned and heard some things I did not know. Is anybody going to get a Fahrenheit 911 soundtrack? Is there one?

Perhaps it is because I am in the 3% of Americans who actually read the editorial pages and listen to jazz, but I did not learn or hear anything new from the two-hour experience. Any Learning Channel, Discovery Channel or nightly hour-long news program with a good soundtrack is more detailed, factual and informative. This is a movie and soundtrack for people who dont read or listen to Democratic music.

(Deleted--sorry, Colin, but the political commentaries still won't be tolerated, even in this section)

So I wont be getting the soundtrack, if and when it comes out on CD or DVD. I am glad I went to hear the Moores 911 music. It is just that I much prefer the bagpipe funeral dirges on Seignior Weavers moving documentary The Guys. Hers is a deeply felt tug on the heartstrings, a far more moving movie and a better soundtrack, if you like that kinda thing.

2.gif

The last time I went to the theater was to see "Lord Of The Rings". The first one. That`s been a few years ago.

I`ve just become intolerant of people that try to get a laugh my making a comment or noise during the showing of a film. Or the kids that came there to talk or the couple that brought their baby, and so on.

I`ll see that documentary when it comes out on video. But then again I`ve not rented or seen a movie since Christmas.

For one thing read your dictionary to define"propaganda"it does not mean documentary.Also I would like to hear the funeral march at that expletive deleted son of a @#$%^^%$#$$$'s next showing.So,are politics back in?The mention of that $%^&^&^%$$$$$'s name is political,left?

----------------

On 7/5/2004 7:15:57 AM Colin wrote:

Bumpity comment, shamelessly designed to keep my post on top: nobody saw or heard the best selling documentary of all time over the weekend?

11.gif
----------------

Not even Michael Moore is calling this a documentary.

Edited since there was too much sarcasm and irritant for Moore's greatest fans.

Seems the only free nation on this planet has a little trouble coping with a little(just a little)controversy and Moore's views.

Just like the Passion of the Christ,all movies from Hollywood must be in the same vein as Rambo and JAG(where the real AM hero is kicking the evil forces right anmd left with sensless abandon)

I bow down to you desires masters 12.gif

Moore is an EVIL EVIL man,may GOD have mercy of him and his eating habits

LOL

I had objections to the pieces of his soundtrack even for a Democrat and how Moore arranged them to make a soundtrack bigger than the whole, he did show how this administrations music panders to the mu$ical tastes of the oil-rich Saudis. Asked if was singing to the choir, Moore replied that maybe they needed a song they could all sing.

700 words concerning this soundtrack were deleted by the moderator

I have to admit, I miss discussions like this on this forum. I know, I know. No political talk here.

But now we are having things deleted while discussing a film. A film that has political content. Are we not adults.

OK. Some of us are not adults..........but I`m just saying this is a music and film thread and sometimes that involves adult issues. I missed what Colin had to say so Colin if you would, please PM me to tell me the awful things you had deleted.

Moderators. I mean this in the kindest way. I`m not upset. Be gentle. 1.gif I hurt easily.

• Moderators

middlecreekguy,

I wouldn't have problems with political topics if people could keep the insults out of them.

Posts like theEar's, however, is not only out of line, but offensive to me personally.

I'm not saying I want Moore "gone" from the public eye, but what if I did? What if my father did? Or my mother? Does that make us Nazi's? That offends me more than you know. To be called a Nazi or a commie on the wrong medication is insulting, degrading, and just plain mean.

This is exactly why topics like this are deleted. I'll leave this one up for a while, however, just to make my point.

With all due respects, Mr. Ear, have you look at yourself in the mirror lately and wonder about the purpose of your existence? To be helpful to society or to antagonize its people. Selfishness is an unforgivable crime against humanity and is punishable by forever banishment in the phantom zone.

----------------

On 7/7/2004 11:06:03 AM skeptic wrote:

Is this thread here just to try and start problems?
----------------

I think it was an attempt to start something. It does seem that Colin was the only one wanting to play the game (at least the parts that weren't deleted). Those that would have had fun with the allegorical analogies have learned that it isn't the game that can be played here. It is always interesting how things such as this get taken personally. Great lessons can be learned from 'The Old Man and the Sea', 'The Mouse That Roared', 'Moby Dick', 'Atlas Shrugged', etc - these are interestig stories that used allegory to point out the arthur's particular position on every thing from Nature to Nazis. Those lessons were not written by one like thinking group - there are liberals, conservatives and Libertarians that wrote the books mentioned. They are all favorites of mine - regardless of major differences with some of my views.

It should be very amusing to observe the things going on in this current incarnation of America. However, I grow weary of my oral dissention being protrayed as criminal/hateful and my allegories being taken as slander. As this thread shows - others have decided that this road is too difficult to travel.

I do encourage everyone to make their opinions known - not just to the 'me toos'. It would be so boring (not to mention very limiting) to sit around a bunch of folks that agreed on every point. This political polarization is unfortunate - after all most of us would find more in common than not. We should enjoy discussing the differences and broadning our perspective.

BTW - the soundtrack for F 911 was quite repetitive and leaned too much to popular rythms. It was a bit like Robert Palmer stuff - the first song steals your heart but by the 5th track it all sounds the same. As Colin mentioned - I had already listened to those songs when they were on the radio no matter which station you chose. It was the same old song - I imagine the next big soundtrack will remake the original songs (kind of like Hip hop).

cheers

Great lessons can be learned from 'The Old Man and the Sea'..., 'Moby Dick'..."

Indeed! Ernest Hemingway was a great visionary thinker. Moore is not and nothing can be learned from him. Moore has an agenda and he is set out to destroy the world.

Not to be a "Me Too" but The Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged are some of my favorites as well. When Howard Roarke is in the courtroom and as part of his defense proclaims that the first human who invented fire was most likely lynched this wrongdoing whilst humanity simultaneously adopted this person's work, well, the paralell to threads like this should be clear.

----------------

On 7/12/2004 4:42:10 PM neo33 wrote:

Great lessons can be learned from 'The Old Man and the Sea'..., 'Moby Dick'..."

Indeed! Ernest Hemingway was a great visionary thinker. Moore is not and nothing can be learned from him. Moore has an agenda and he is set out to destroy the world.
----------------

I guess it is a shame I came in late and missed the rest of your post....

I kinda liked a bunch of what Ernie had to say, but I may not put him in the great visionary category - as a matter of fact his double vision caused quite a bit of problems over time.

Moore is just not my style. However, just like reading some of Hemingway's stuff - I don't let the style completely corrupt the message.

----------------

On 7/12/2004 4:43:07 PM damonrpayne wrote:

Not to be a "Me Too" but The Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged are some of my favorites as well. When Howard Roarke is in the courtroom and as part of his defense proclaims that the first human who invented fire was most likely lynched this wrongdoing whilst humanity simultaneously adopted this person's work, well, the paralell to threads like this should be clear.
----------------

Yep - that is also one of my favorite. Folks stand back when this liberal touts Ayn Rand stuff - they think I am a deserter...Too many folks equate capitalism to conservative republican and communism to liberal democrats.

I am a die hard capitalist that happens to think all folks should be respected enough to start at the same spot. The common good is both good for the country and good for business.

Oh no .... I feel the power creeping through my body...HEAL!!!!!

Ok - nuff of that - Jerry, my Evangelist voice, crept out for a bit. A shot of Jack Daniels usually settles him down.