would you buy 5 klf-30's?

iwillwalk

• 2 weeks later...

Juba,

As a courtesy to the seller, I prefer not to share the "package price" that the seller offered me. Suffice it to say that it was a very good price for the condition they were in...less than they could be purchased for on Ebay. One of the truely great things about this forum is that most memebers treat each other like family. Every transaction I have done with another member has been super and many others can attest to the same experience.

The 30's do sound great whether in Home Theater or Music mode. One of the coolest things is that they make you feel like the sound is coming from a room much larger than you are actually in. The channel separation and detail reproduced is superior to anything I have every heard from a brand other than Klipsch and I have listened to other speakers in acoustically treated rooms that sold for more than $8,000/pair.

Redtop

Frzninvt,

It is a very nice experience and one that I thought I would never have. I planned on being content with my 6 KG3.5's (which wasn't bad at all). You just never know when opportunity will knock...9.gif

I must say that I still aspire to have a sig with Heritage equipment like yours someday...3.gif

Redtop

No problem, I respect that. Just trying to get an idea of what they cost.

Glad that you got a good deal from a forum member. This place is one of the most trustworthy boards/communities I've ever particpated in.

Another question, how does the sound of the KLFs sound compared to high end refernence, say the RF-7s, or Heritage?

Juba,

I can say that KLF-30's usually sell on Ebay in the $900-$1100 range per pair depending on the cosmetic condition and location. Metro areas seem to get a better price than rural locations.

I've never heard them next to RF-7's or Heritage. My listening preference leans towards a 3-way speaker. I like the extra detail and the voice a lower crossover of the mid-range offers. I'm sure there are many here with just the opposite opinion. To each his own...1.gif

Beauty is in the ear of the beholder...at least on this forum...10.gif

Redtop