CB? Talking coming through my speakers

76scalas

"Flooby Dust". Kinda like the sound of that. Is that what Tinkerbell uses?

If I sprinkle some on my KG's will they turn into Khorns?

Just kidding, what Mdeenen is saying is try the simple stuff first before you start throwing great gobs of money to cure a problem that may be easily solved.

Agree with Mdeenen as well - had this problem before.

One simple thing to try is to disconnect the speaker completely when it happens to see if the sound still comes through - this validates part of the solution check (It would be very unusual if the signal was getting there directly through the voice coil). In this case - if the sound is still there you may have to get the assistance of the FCC - someone is really operating outside of regulated transmission standards. It will be someone or something very close. This was the case with a broadcast station and a sub woofer several years ago.

Patience does pay off - you will find the culprit..

I've been told that aluminum foil can shield against RFI, and I was able to reduce a bad RFI problem in my system by wrapping the back of the preamp and the base of my tonearm with AL foil. It took extensive trial and error to learn just where to place it, though. The DC area is loaded with RFI, and I could never find out where it came from.

Larry

Another place where radio signals can be demodulated is at dirty connections or cold solder joints( or old fillings in your teeth9.gif ). The metal oxides act like the crystal in your old science project AM radio and the wires act as the tuner/antenna. A dose of Deoxit might help, certainly not hurt.

Rick

I have found aluminum foil to be quite effective as a head covering to block all manner of electronic or radio frequencies. Most days I find it works well as liner for my hats. Just with that tiny bit of discretion, the CIA agents who follow me have no idea that I am immune from their transmissions.

----------------

On 7/12/2004 10:12:42 AM DaddyDee wrote:

I have found aluminum foil to be quite effective as a head covering to block all manner of electronic or radio frequencies. Most days I find it works well as liner for my hats. Just with that tiny bit of discretion, the CIA agents who follow me have no idea that I am immune from their transmissions.
----------------

Now, now Big Daddy - you are getting a bit paranoid.

Those aren't CIA folks following you. It is a reality show TV crew (remember 'The Truman Show'). We have all been watching and sharing in your life since you were very young. Nothing you have experienced has been real - it was just orchestrated for our entertainment.

There are no such thing as Klipsch speakers. We have been running this forum for your benefit only. We have had a wonderful time making up new 'audiophile' terms and have reveled in watching your gullible purchases and the way that you claim to hear a difference. Some of our acronym meetings have been hysterical. It took two pitchers of Margaritas before we came up with a naming convention that let us get to things like 'MoonDogs', Blueberry', 'Aragon' , etc.

Well back to my regular job. I am having a dickens of a time getting this remote mike to catch all that shower singing you do (BTW - the show where you tried to sing all the parts CSNs 'Love the One You're With' was the most watched show in 1999).

Henry you let the cat out of the bag, what will do to amuse ourselves now?

Daddy he's really just leading you along. A tin foil lined hat is only good for aliens, to get rid of the CIA you need to line the inside of your underwear with

HEAVY DUTY aluminum foil (I prefer Reynolds). Sure it's a little scratchy but it works.

To get rid of us you have to use duct tape to attach two small plumbers wrenches to each arm and one each to the inside of the thighs. Once you do this you'll wake up in Neo33's world.