RF-35 vs RF-5 vs RF-7

Kenstr

My current set-up is RB-35,RC-35,RS-35

I just traded the RC-35 up to an RC-7 and now I am thinking about replacing the RB-35's with RF-35's or higher.

I assume there is a huge difference between the RF-7 and RF-35 but what about the RF-5 to the RF-7 ? The 7's are a bit more than I want to spend and I can get the RF-5's for $500ish (local closeout)

So at double the price - are the 7's that much better than the 5's ?

----------------

On 7/12/2004 9:11:48 AM Kenstr wrote:

....I can get the RF-5's for $500ish (local closeout)...
----------------

Please, for the sake of my sanity, tell me that's EACH. If that's a pair I'm going to have go start therapy all-over.

John- Who's getting used to the "little tingles"

----------------

On 7/12/2004 9:47:50 AM yromj wrote:

----------------

On 7/12/2004 9:11:48 AM Kenstr wrote:

....I can get the RF-5's for $500ish (local closeout)...
----------------

Please, for the sake of my sanity, tell me that's EACH. If that's a pair I'm going to have go start therapy all-over.

John- Who's getting used to the "little tingles"

----------------

LOL! 9.gif

Kenstr, I m sure you'll be happy with either. I ve never heard the 5's but I have heard the 7's. they 7's sound great so the 5's shouldn't be much far behind. go with the 5's because there on a deal right now. that money you save could be used for other components/speakers/etc.

I think someone else will come along who has heard both side by side. they are the ones that can truly tell you the difference- 5's vs 7's.

goodluck

scp53

All NowAudioVideo stores in NC and TN. They got bought out by Tweeter and are getting rid of all Klipsch Reference at 40-60% off. (also getting rid of DefTech,Monitor and Yamaha - didn't really look at the deals on them)

It's pretty hit and miss - just depends what they have left in stock.

Kenstr

Kind of new at this... Not sure what type of info you allowed to give. I'm about 2 weeks away from buying some RF-35's and would really like to know some town/store names... The best store price I'm looking at are $750...

----------------

On 7/12/2004 10:59:05 AM zyepod wrote:

Kenstr

Kind of new at this... Not sure what type of info you allowed to give. I'm about 2 weeks away from buying some RF-35's and would really like to know some town/store names... The best store price I'm looking at are $750...

----------------

It's pretty simple - since NowAudio got bought by Tweeter (they don't carry Klipsch) they have to dump all the Klipsch they have in stock. They are turning the Klipsch rooms into Polk rooms....

http://www.nowaudiovideo.com/showrooms.shtml

If one of the stores is near you give them a call. They do not do internet sales nor do they ship out of state. I don't work there - so that's really all the info I have to give...

I've had the 5's and the 7's in the same set up. When I upgraded to the 7's I kept the 5's because I liked them so much. They are now in my bedroom with a Carver amp and pre-amp that I use for 2 channel stereo listening. I have a subwoofer in my HT, so the difference in extension is not noticed as I crossed over both sets of speakers at 80Hz. The only difference noticed in the 2 sets of speakers with the sub was that the 7's are slightly fuller. With the sub off and no crossover set the difference in extension is very noticeable. BTW, I paid $700.00 each for the 7's at a brick and mortar dealer, but they did have to order them. Carl.

----------------

On 7/12/2004 12:53:07 PM CECAA850 wrote:

I've had the 5's and the 7's in the same set up. When I upgraded to the 7's I kept the 5's because I liked them so much. They are now in my bedroom with a Carver amp and pre-amp that I use for 2 channel stereo listening. I have a subwoofer in my HT, so the difference in extension is not noticed as I crossed over both sets of speakers at 80Hz. The only difference noticed in the 2 sets of speakers with the sub was that the 7's are slightly fuller. With the sub off and no crossover set the difference in extension is very noticeable. BTW, I paid $700.00 each for the 7's at a brick and mortar dealer, but they did have to order them. Carl.

----------------

Now that's the kind of answer I'm looking for. I am thinking for HT use with a sub the 5's and 7's should be pretty close. They share the same horn and the 7's going lower should not matter with the sub in the picture.

Talking 90% HT, 10% music - do you think the extra $700 (MSRP price diff) would be better spent towards the sub ?

Get a nice SVS sub!

I just called that audio place.. and they cant ship cross state lines..

I wanted to get another set of surround speakers.. to get the 7.1 channel going on.. Not sure if adding the RS-35 would match my current RS-3 s.. I know my RS-3 go lower than the newer RS-35s.. Hmm.. Maybe I should just buy some RS-3ii from ebay.. 14.gif

I can vouch for this sale. I purchased all my referance stuff from NOW. Most recently was my RS-7's for....$400 for the pair new in the box. Thats like 60% off. As I was in the store a guy was getting a quote on the RC-7 for $570, so 3 something was a steal. I paid $670 for mine. Anyway, I compared the 7's v/s the 5's and to me there wasnt a decision to be made. The 5's were nice and if I hadnt been able to do a a&b comparison I would have been fine with the 5's, but the 7's really stood out to me and my wife. Easy decision.

Good luck with your decision 2.gif

----------------

On 7/12/2004 10:40:32 PM foxman wrote:

I can vouch for this sale. I purchased all my referance stuff from NOW. Most recently was my RS-7's for....$400 for the pair new in the box. Thats like 60% off. As I was in the store a guy was getting a quote on the RC-7 for $570, so 3 something was a steal. I paid $670 for mine. Anyway, I compared the 7's v/s the 5's and to me there wasnt a decision to be made. The 5's were nice and if I hadnt been able to do a a&b comparison I would have been fine with the 5's, but the 7's really stood out to me and my wife. Easy decision.

Good luck with your decision
2.gif
----------------

Foxman,

Good to see you 'round here.

John

Hey Foxman, I see your location says "South of Canada" - where you from ?

I'm from New Brunswick - moved to NC in 99

Ya, the deals right now at NOW are a bit silly - It's taking all the will power I have to not just buy stuff (Like pair of RB-25's for 150 - bedroom ?)

----------------

On 7/12/2004 1:22:09 PM Kenstr wrote:

----------------

Talking 90% HT, 10% music - do you think the extra $700 (MSRP price diff) would be better spent towards the sub ?

----------------

Absolutely. For my money, the 2 most important speakers in a HT are the center channel and the sub. The center channel gets the most information and is what you listen to 70% of the time when you watch a movie. A good sub is what seperates your HT from the run of the mill surround set ups that are out there. A sub you can feel and hear makes all the difference in the world when compared to a sub you can only hear. Carl

----------------

On 7/13/2004 8:56:01 AM Kenstr wrote:

Hey Foxman, I see your location says "South of Canada" - where you from ?

I'm from New Brunswick - moved to NC in 99

Ya, the deals right now at NOW are a bit silly - It's taking all the will power I have to not just buy stuff (Like pair of RB-25's for 150 - bedroom ?)

----------------

High Point, NC since 1984, Kansas City prior to that.