RF-35 Black or Cherry?

schwock5

Now that i've decided what speaker to get, the only other choice is color? Anyone have any idea since they both looks awesome?

I think my carpet is greyish, my TV is silverish, and the audio racks are going to be black, so i think black speakers would looks better, but the woof finish is oh so nice.

It sounds to me like Black would go best with your color schemes but, the cherry are some pretty speakers.

But, my final vote would go towards getting the cherry and then hoping you get the matching carpet and/or furniture later.

apartment building, can't change the carpet, but do plan on keeping the speakers for a while. Audio cabinets are very inexpensive since I spend all my money on speakers and TV, haha, so they are just to hold the good stuff.

I must say the dark maple RF-7 is gorgeous, why couldn't they make that for the 35s?

You'd be suprised how well different woods go together in the same room. Not everything has to be a perfect match.

My zebrawood cornwalls look great in a room filled with maple, pine and cherry. Also, as previously stated, you may prefer the cherry in the future if you move or redecorate.

That kinda gets back to the 'When Reference no longer means Reference' thread, but I don't really want to hijack this one and continue that further here.. but just ask yourself if a Reference Series speaker by ANY company should be vinyl covered. Hmmmmm... 1.gif

----------------

On 7/14/2004 11:59:50 AM damonrpayne wrote:

I'd get Cherry, wood looks far better.

One caveat, if you ever want to sell them it seems that good ole ubiquitous black is far more popular.

----------------

I have to disagree with that statement Damon. Wood almost always brings a premium.

----------------

On 7/14/2004 12:19:40 PM garymd wrote:

I have to disagree with that statement Damon. Wood almost always brings a premium.

----------------

It certainly seems like it wood would bring a premium; I'm basing my statements on the number of votes for Black above and the fact that I've never seen a retailer around here with any of the Reference stuff in any of the available wood finishes. Then again we have disappointing retailers around here.

Tweeter always ahd black, but this dealer had nothing but the wood finishes on the floor, for EVERY Klipsch speaker. I like the wood too, but unfortunately it ain't the RF-7 wood. If only the 35s came in maple instead of the light cherry.

----------------

On 7/14/2004 3:38:14 PM Sanman023 wrote:

cherry all the way....i need to find a way to turn my rs7's and pb2+ into cherry....i hate that black vinyl look.....

----------------

Find a Faux paint artist in your area. If the Yellow Book has none, then call local interior design houses for a referral. I did this with my RS 7s but the PB 2+ remains it's grey/black self because I am going to sell it off and get the Ultra some day in Mercury Red. It cost me $100 to have the RS7s "fauxed". (by the way so you can seem more astute when you speak to the artist, FAUX is pronounced "FOW").

Jerry Rappaport