FS: JBL L300

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Craig!

Been good just real busy these last couple of months.

I wanted to have a meeting before I got rid of these speakers so that everyone got a chance to hear them but I don't have the time.

There is a Chicago meeting coming up but it's at this guy's house in Plainfield.

Alfredo

Guest Anonymous

Craig, and Dean, there is one in 2 weeks, they guy has the full Edgarhorn set up, should be VERY cool to check out. I believe it's in Plainfield IL.3.gif Hope you guys can make it, Maybe even deliver some amps6.gif Craig, call me buddy.11.gif11.gif11.gif

Craig--Not sure what you mean by a horn system setup to run fullrange. Do you mean the whole system being horn load throught out all of the frequencies?

My system is only horn loaded from about 80hz - 20Khz (or somewhere up there). I use the JBL dual 15" cabinet(bass reflex) from 80 hz down.

The meeting that smilin is talking about in 2 weeks is fully horn loaded through all the frequencies. Very good system!

Alfredo

Afredo,

I mean as in not setup to have a separate amp for woofer, midrange and tweeter with active crossover (Bi-amped or Tri-Amped). Just everyday ordinary speakers to hook one set of amps up too. Preferably Altecs since there somewhat affordable. I see no way for Edgar Horns to ever land in my abode. VOT's would be great !

Craig

----------------

Afredo,

...Preferably Altecs since there somewhat affordable. I see no way for Edgar Horns to ever land in my abode. VOT's would be great ! Craig

----------------

Craig, forgive me for HORNing in. Are you still in a quest for some Altec horns, like a set of Valencias? The one thing I will say for Altec equipment, it is well built. JBL/Altec, from what I know, made their own components. Though I would still like to A/B Corns with my Valencias, I know I can hear everything I need to/am able to hear.

It may behoove you to "rent" some if you can find them at reasonable cost. If you don't like them, you can always unload them for what you paid. It is absurd to think someone in your line has not had the opportunity to hear what the buzz is about. Klipsch has their place but they are basically an OEM. (You would not believe the review I read last night about a former owner of Cornwalls. 6.gif Really made me wonder why I am so curious about them.) GaryMD had some Altecs with which he was not satisfied. I understand given that he was working with restored woofers and a less efficient setup than mine. But now he has the ultimate Klipsch so that quest is over.

Get yourself some Altecs, if you can. I have read one reviewer who compares them favorably to Cornwalls. Right now I see some in Minnesota, a pair of ALTEC 846B for a ridiculous price. Maybe he is willing for a compromise. He IS in Wisconsin so he should be a little conciliatory. Maybe a trip across the "Big Puddle" could be worth it. Just a thought.

I'm not really looking for Altec's although I liked what I heard at last years Midwest audiofest in the Chicago horn club room (In fact it was just about all I liked there). I really just want to visit with my horny buddies in Chicago and also hook my VRD's up full range to some nice Altec speakers and see what they sound like and get others opinions. I just know that many of them guys Bi-amp and its not a great way to evaluate one set of amps with so many other variables.

I would like to get some big Altec speakers some day after I make my big and final move up to the quite north country. At this time there is absolutely no room in my house for them or Klipsch Horns.

Craig

Guest Anonymous

Craig whats wrong with hooking them up to Edgarhorns? what, their not altecs or something3.gif Just a thought, I am going to try and go cause I want to hear these horns with fellow hornies11.gif

----------------

On 7/30/2004 10:41:42 PM smilin wrote:

Craig whats wrong with hooking them up to Edgarhorns? what, their not altecs or something
3.gif
Just a thought, I am going to try and go cause I want to hear these horns with fellow hornies
11.gif

----------------

Steve,

Does your wife know about this??6.gif2.gif

Your secrets safe here on the internet don't worry now.

Rick