K-horn oil oak bin ak3 2250.00

hightone

Piranha - Are you buying them?

I'll extend this offer to any of you regular contributors in SoCal...

I'll be traveling to Irvine on September 6th. If it would be helpful (logistically speaking) I could pick them up for you and deliver them to the Irvine area. All I'd ask is a small reimbursement for my gas from my house to Dutch Flat ($40?).

I know these speakers. The owner and myself had exhanged some email this week because he wanted to upgrade the crossovers. He recently bought these, and found both diaphragms shot -- which he replaced. After further inspection, he found 20 amp fuses in the crossover. Previous owner probably fried the K-55-Ms too, which might explain the K-55-Vs. He's selling because he prefers the sound of his Altec Valencias -- whatever in the hell those are. :)

----------------

On 7/30/2004 9:44:37 PM DeanG wrote:

I know these speakers. The owner and myself had exhanged some email this week because he wanted to upgrade the crossovers. He recently bought these, and found both diaphragms shot -- which he replaced. After further inspection, he found 20 amp fuses in the crossover. Previous owner probably fried the K-55-Ms too, which might explain the K-55-Vs. He's selling because he prefers the sound of his Altec Valencias -- whatever in the hell those are.
:)

----------------

A few of us here know the Valencias.2.gif If he prefers them over the khorns there's either something wrong with the khorns or with the seller.14.gif

----------------

On 7/30/2004 9:44:37 PM DeanG wrote:

I know these speakers. The owner and myself had exhanged some email this week because he wanted to upgrade the crossovers. He recently bought these, and found both diaphragms shot -- which he replaced. After further inspection, he found 20 amp fuses in the crossover. Previous owner probably fried the K-55-Ms too, which might explain the K-55-Vs. He's selling because he prefers the sound of his Altec Valencias -- whatever in the hell those are.
:)
----------------

OK, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that these Khorns have to be totally F'ed up in order for anyone to prefer Altec Valencias 2.gif