comcast or direct tv ?

iwillwalk

I have gone the DSS way for about 3 years now. I had digital cable prior to my satelite system and it was terrible. If you have a large screen especialy with a projector you will want to get a dish system. Digital cable looks ok on 32" and below but above that it just gets bad.

What's the current status of the local channels / networks deal? I had DirectTV a few years back, but got rid of it because they wouldn't let me receive NBC, CBS, ABC or any local channels because their map said I was in an area where I could receive a broadcast over the air signal. I couldn't afford both satellite and cable in every room, so satellite had to go. Has that situation changed?

you can get local channels on directv now.....

my bill is less then my cable bill was for about the same package...and the pict quality is so much better...no ghosting....or fuzz......sound is better as well....my local cable only had stereo on like 4 channels....grrrrrrr.......

I've never had a reason to try satellite in my area as I have had nothing but good luck with my Comcast digital cable with the HDTV controller box. It's picture-perfect on my 78" screen and the sound is amazing.

Picky said what I was going to say just because you have a HDTV and use digital cable do not expect a HDTV signal look on your tv.

Yes, digital is MUCH better than regular TV too. However... spend the extra 5 bucks..and get the HDTV signal box from Comcast...(my Comcast guy said you would be surprised how many HDTV's out there and people have the digital box unable to enjoy that expensive TV they bought??) LOL

THAT is why you spent the big bucks for the HDTV.

Some of the dish sytems do have more HDTV channels.. I see a more coming to Comcast if the market wants, requires, (pays) for it too. Rumor is Monday Night Football for next season (2005-06) might go to ESPN??

I will tell you football is by far the best HDTV sport. As I do not yet get ABC in High Def over Comcast Cable in Indy, I hope this is true. As it is, the Colts here are on CBS.. Which is in High Def.

Hope this helps. If you have any type of severe weather in your area... a dish can be a source of a lot of !@#%$(!#@*!&^!@$@@** problems in rain / snow/ wind sometimes. Cable always seems to work here.

INDY: Here's a list of (what I can remember) High-Def Channels we get over our Comcast system here in the Detroit Area Market:

1) Discovery HD

2) ESPN HD

3) Showtime HD

4) HBO HD

5) CINEMAX HD

6) STARZ HD

7) INHD 1

8) INHD 2

9) PBS HD1

10) PBD HD2

11) ABC HD

12) NBC HD

13) CBS HD

14) FOX HD

Comcast seems to be adding more HD channels every so many weeks and at no additional charge (we already have the Platnum Premium service + broadband).

In addition to your comment about football being great in HD, so is NHL Hockey!!! I don't watch golf, but it looks awesome in HD, too.

Guest Anonymous

ok well here is on thing, i own cable myself, but direct tv is all digital where as comcast digtial cable still has alot of analog pictures that look bad... i don't care because i don't want a dish on the back of my house and further more i don't feel the need to advertise derect tv to all the airplanes that fly over.... and besides you can get basic digital cable and high speed internet for 55 bucks a month where i live