Looking for Heresy's

redtop

Well, the demo is over (thanks Mark) and the search is on! 3.gif

I would like to purchase a pair (and maybe more) of Heresy's. At this point, I don't care if they are I's or II's. So if you've been saving a nice pair for a just the right owner and would like them to have a good home, send me an email...brad@alwaysthankful.com.

I can promise they will be loved, appreciated, and well cared for. I offer a no smoking, no pets, and no audio or physical abuse environment. Just tender loving care. And one thing I can guarantee...they will become a member of the family and NOT end up on eBay!

Thanks in advance.

Redtop

P.S. You are not seeing double if you also find this in the Home Theater Forum.

Brad,

Glad to have had you and your son visit and hear the equipment. Although it was short, I enjoyed the visit and conversation. You guys are a nice family and are certainly welcome back anytime.

Obviously, the hersesys made an impression. Looks like we have another Heritage convert situation. It shouldn't be too hard to find someone who will want your KLF-30s.

Good luck with the HT adventure.

Heresy's over KLF30's? I could understand Cornwall or Chorus' over the 30's, but not Heresy's. I have had both the 30's and Heresy's and felt the 30's a much more balanced speaker. I only sold the 30's because of a Cornwall purchase. Heresy's are nice solid performers but IMO, they are not in the same league as the 30's.

Looking at your system profile, you have one hellua nice set-up.

I know...I know...to some of you it's almost "heresy" 9.gif to think about Heresy's over KLF-30's, but here's my thoughts on this...

I have the KLF-30's in a (soon to be started) dedicated HT room that is 100% movies. I have a pretty good subwoofer (SVS PC-Ultra) that handles all the low end stuff. I'm thinking that 6 Heresy's with the subwoofer will offer a very similar mid and high frequency experience to that of the KLF-30's. I could be wrong...but one thing's for sure after listening at Mark's this last weekend, even if it not quite as good as the KLF-30's it may be good enough and allow me to either move the 2 of KLF-30's into a music listening room upstairs or I'll stay with the 30's in the HT and move the Heresy's upstairs. I love win-win situations with Klipsch...9.gif

Flason,

Thanks for the compliment on the current setup. I heard the cornwalls at Mark's and they are the bee's knees. One of the goals of my theater is to reduce the size of speakers or I would be seriously be shopping for 6 Cornie's. Very sweet sound with a broad soundstage. The HT room is not huge (15' x 26' x 9') and the Heresy's also offer me the flexibility to place surrounds high, low, or near the ceiling a la several all heritage HT shown in this forum.

Iwillwalk,

Not doing anything drastic Steve. Just looking at some options. I will take my time evaluating before I make any changes. I know how good the 30's are and how hard it can be to get your hands on 5 in the fine condition these are in.

Cableblacksmith,

Thanks for the heads-up on the Forte. I'm sure it's a fine speaker. I am trying to get a speaker that I can use in all six positions to obtain perfect timbre match. If i understand the Forte correctly, it's size and passive radiator in back limit my options especially as a surround.

Mark,

Your post came in as I was working on this one. That's an offer I will consider, but I probably am not going to let go of the KLF-30's until I have at least 4 Heresy's on hand and am sure that is the way to go. Timing is everything...2.gif

Well, that's enuff said for now...any and all feedback welcome.

Thanks guys.

Redtop

Brad,

Nice post, nice strategy.

I would consider a temporary trade so we could each try the others out in our homes. I never had any other Klipsch beside Heritage. I wouldn't trade out the biggees, but I'd REALLY like to try some 30s in my basement.

Now I'm talkin' a standoff trade in the driveway. NO funny stuff.

You bring 1-pair of the KLF-30s, I'll have the Heresys on the porch. If everything looks clean, We can swap 'em out for a week or two.

Let me know, sounds interesting.9.gif

"Thanks for the compliment on the current setup. I heard the cornwalls at Mark's and they are the bee's knees. One of the goals of my theater is to reduce the size of speakers or I would be seriously be shopping for 6 Cornie's. Very sweet sound with a broad soundstage. The HT room is not huge (15' x 26' x 9') and the Heresy's also offer me the flexibility to place surrounds high, low, or near the ceiling a la several all heritage HT shown in this forum."

Now you've gone and done it Carrot Top!!! You've given me, my Klipschorns and my Heresys "room envy"15.gif

Excuse us while our guitar gently weeps.8.gif8.gif8.gif2.gif

Rick

Mark,

An interesting proposal...I'll give it some thought. I can see where that might be especially beneficial when I get down to the last pair to complete the 6.1 setup. This project is all pretty much at the beginning, so let's see how things progress. Don't worry though, I won't do anything with the 30's until you get a listen. You were kind enough to demo for me, it's the least I can do to repay the favor.

I think I do see one problem with your proposed trade...I have to do a lot more work, because the 30's weight about 50lbs more per speaker than Heresy's...6.gif4.gif2.gif

Redtop

• 3 months later...

UPDATE...UPDATE...UPDATE

Well the great all Heresy 6.1 Home Theater experiment is over.

Final ConclusionIm keeping the KLF-30s.

The Heresy is a very fine speaker. To my ears, they have a smaller sound field and a less detailed voice than my KLF-30s. What that means, is to get the best sound I had to really have the speakers aimed accurately at the sweet spot. When sitting in the sweet spot, it was very nice, but small. I was able to notice a drop off of sweetness just by moving 3 ft. to the left or right. If I tried to open the sound field by aiming a little on each side of the sweet spot, then I lost some of the optimum tonal quality. They were much more directional than I expected. I moved around a lot of speakers (Heresys and KLF-30s) and re-calibrated each time.

For you Heritage guys, this is not a knock on the Heresys performance. Its a real fine performer, but what I found is that size does matter (at least with speakers). Heresys are a great bang for the buck. If I didnt already have the KLF-30s to compare against, I would be very happy with Heresys in a 6.1 setup.

Sure hope this doesnt start some kind of flame war2.gif Remember, just one guy's opinion...9.gif