Logo Trivia

scriven

----------------

On 8/7/2004 7:15:18 AM fini wrote:

When did they change from cherry to pumpkin? krustyoldsarge would know...

----------------

Fini,

Actually they never changed from cherry to pumpkin. You see during the great pumpkin blight in 06 the entire stock of pumpkins was lost and ever since they slyly used a faux "pumpkin product". So I hate to have you find out this way but if you got the real pumpkin ones you bought knock offs....so sad

8.gif

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

----------------

On 8/10/2004 7:10:32 AM Trey Cannon wrote:

The reference to the good book are right...2nd Corinthians , I think.

Dee can you help there? I am sure you know the Book better than I.

If you ever see a big version of the logo you will see the space between the "waves" are wider than the waves. Paul told me that was because the lean years seamed

to take longer.....
----------------

Trey, that is a really interesting comment by Mr. Paul. The B&W clipart logo available on Klipsch.com looks like one of those.

The lean years / fat years is part of Joseph's interpretation of Pharoah's dreams in Gen 41.

----------------

On 8/11/2004 6:08:50 PM KhornKerry wrote:

Back to the original question.

When did Klipsch switch from the pie slice logo to the Klipsch nameplate?<?xml:namespace prefix = o />

I have 1975 Khorns with gold on black pie logos

----------------

I guess that nails down the last year as 1975. If I was understanding Piranha's post he was indicating that his '76 has the copper strip logo.

I think you are correct, Gil:

Genesis 41:29 Behold, there come seven years of great plenty throughout all the land of Egypt.

41:30 There will arise after them seven years of famine, and all the plenty will be forgotten in the land of Egypt. The famine will consume the land,...

----------------

On 8/11/2004 7:57:25 PM Daddy Dee wrote:

----------------

On 8/11/2004 6:08:50 PM KhornKerry wrote:

Back to the original question.

When did Klipsch switch from the “pie slice” logo to the Klipsch nameplate?<?xml:namespace prefix = o />

I have 1975 Khorns with gold on black pie logos

----------------

I guess that nails down the last year as 1975. If I was understanding Piranha's post he was indicating that his '76 has the copper strip logo.

----------------

I knew we would get to the answer eventually! (And it was an interesting trip!)

Thanks

Yes, I thought it was in Genesis, but I couldn't remeember the Chapter. i looked it up after visiting Mr. Paul and Miss Valerie. The rich years came first. I suppose it was poetic license. The logo, is, of course, a K-horn in a corner, but Mr. Paul was a religious man and would have wanted to give God credit in what he did.

I have heard forum members speak of conversations with Mr. Paul, describing the early years as so very lean that that they just scraped by with Mrs. Klipsch salary as a teacher, modest indeed, and were real careful shopping for groceries.

I do wish I'd had the opportunity to listen to Mr. Paul talk about his perseverance through those years.