best movie for sound

neomartic

A few of my favorites to shock the friends are The big battle in The Two Towers, start with the silence..........and the wham a lightening bolt starts the adventure of mind blowing battle noises.

Gone in Sixty Seconds.....Elenor sounds wild when she's all wound up!

But if you want to shake em to the core, it is gonna be Jurasic Park 3, DTS! Pick a scene. Salesman used on me when I was looking for my Klipsch speakers, It worked! I left with the whole front of my system complete that night!

Fifth Element has some great surround sounds....

Black hawk down for bullets flying around your head

Gladiator for a great DTS ES sound

Perfect Storm on a rianing night will make you get an umbrella....

Star Wars Pod Phantom Menace ecspecioally the pod race scene....very good bass...plus other sound effects

Titan AE was the movie that everyone has been raving about for great sound and now that I've seen it I can see why. There are many scenes that are great for bass. One scene I like in particular is when they are surrounded by ice trying to escape from the other ship without being seen. But the very end, by far, had the best audio in the movie, when the planet is being made.

I came across a few titles that seem like they might be good, but I'm not sure. Anybody ever watched Swordfish? The explosion at the beginning seems like it could be sweet. What about Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon? Although the whole movie is subtitled, it seems like the fight scenes might produce some nice sound. Anyone seen either of these two, either in DD or DTS?

----------------------------------------------------

synthfreak wrote,

Why are subtitles a bad thing? Better than a dub.

----------------------------------------------------

True, subtitles aren't that bad, but sometimes it's just a pain to read the whole movie. I don't know I guess they're not too bad, but you are right, they're definately a lot better than a dub.

----------------

On 8/10/2004 6:36:47 PM RichardP wrote:

From the 9 hours of the Lord of the Rings trilogy, my favorite scene for the audio is in the first part, Fellowship of the Ring, when they enter the mines of Moria. Their violent entry and entrapment in the mountain is a good bass-heavy beginning passage, then once inside, you hear the wonderfully reverberant cavernous space. Later, when Pippin accidentally knocks the dwarf skeleton and bucket down the well, they bang around in that huge space, falling deep into the depths of the mines, then you begin to hear the ominous distant booming drumbeat of the orcs preparing to attack. The cave troll's entrance and ensuing battle is thundering, as well as the eventual arrival of the Balrog. That whole incredible sequence is about 20 minutes long.

----------------

Finally some people with ears and ...a real sub.

My top pick for overall sound quality,sourround and awe inspiring bass is LOTR FOTR.The first in the trilogy has the goods,and the Moria mines passage is one of incredible sourround and subsonic energy to crack plaster.On my multi sub systems its a sonic blast of energy during a few intense minutes.

Second is Finding Nemo,a great joyride of sourround and some of finest sub demo material ever.

Titan AE takes third with sonic muscle at the start and a room shaking ending where the sub will really work.