New Look

Dflip

I was switching between sites when all of sudden things went black and white. The new look for Klipsch is here. The same black is on www.klipsch.com. It is more forceful and I guess for lack of a better word, hip. The product info section looks like it might be more user friendly. It has gotten worse over the last month or so, and an improvement was necessary.

Any comments?

It's okay, I guess. I kinda like the old style better, but I'll check this new design out more thoroughly later on. I don't mind the dark borders on the Forum pages, but the black type is nearly impossible to see...make it white for cryin' out loud!

Just looked through my System Profile, and all the words are white...WTF? You can't hardly read it on the light grey background! That sucks! Sometimes things should be left well alone, ya know what I mean?

If it ain't broke, don't fix it (like I have to now with the white letters in my profile7.gif)!

Add a bit more colour and we'll look just like the AVS forum . lol

Klipsch will keep changeing and adding to the page , making it better all the time.

I think it would be " REAL " cool to see some manufacturing pictures on the site , kinda like a online tour of the heritage plant !!!!!! be neet to see the plant and speakers in different stages of manufacture .

----------------

On 8/18/2004 11:08:26 AM Amy Unger wrote:

Yes, we will continue to update and improve the site, including the colors! It's only been up a day!!

----------------

Amy, I'm sorry to say that I think that this combo is terrible. I went to "The Garage", it is virtually unreadable and very eye straining. Neo is correct in ranting above. Black can be Chic, just not in it's current incarnation.

Rick

I think it just looks too stark on the forum, like we're behind prison bars. On the Klipsch website, the black nicely sets off the copper color on the one hand, but looks too satanic for me with deep red and gray text on the other. I like cheerier colors, myself.

The gray text needs to be lightened up a tone or two to make it more readible against the background. There is not enough contrast at the moment. The downside of light text is when you copy it into Word, the colour must be changed in order to be seen. There is a compromise between readibility and style and the current look may be a touch to stylish and has missed the other part, customers must be able to read what is written on the screen.