I need some help with my wife!

Hardhitter

Loud music is a poor substitute for a good woman.

You should ask her what about "the loud" she doesn't like. Is it just because it's loud, or is something in the sound itself annoying her ears. I only suggest this because you seem to infer she never griped about it before. You should involve her and get her input.

Good suggestions Amy, but shame on you for suggesting we don't like to talk. We just don't like to talk when we're listening to music, and it doesn't matter what volume it's being played at. It's rude -- like talking in a Theater. My wife likes to read, and being the sensitive, thoughtful, kind individual that I am -- I leave her the hell alone when she's doing it -- even though the sound of the pages turning really grates on my nerves.

What the hell is with all of you ***** whipped men. Take control of your relationship and let her know who wears the F**** pants. As a man you should be able to have control of your own money and not ask permission to have the checkbook, which is probably yours in the first place. You should also be able to listen to your music as loud as you want without static from your girl. If these issues do pose problems then get the hell out and run for your life.

----------------

On 8/18/2004 10:47:23 AM Amy Unger wrote:

Or maybe just turn down the subwoofer if she complains...99% of the time I think music is too loud is because of the bass and vibrations in the room.

----------------

Heh heh! Our department's youngest fireman (17) stopped by yesterday morning to ask me a question. He'd never heard my speakers coupled with the big McIntosh amp. So I cranked up Lil Jon and the East Side Boyz "Get Low" so that the Power Guard lights on the 2205 were activating on each bass beat. Same with DJ Food's "Break"

You could see the picture window glass behind my system flexing with each bass beat, and picture frames jiggling and vibrating on all walls. Dishes rattled in the cupboards, pipes buzzed and vibrated in the walls. He punched his chest and said "Wow, I can feel it hitting me!" I was lovin' it, wishing I had 300 watts/channel instead of a paltry 200!

Of course, maybe that still fits your definition of 'acceptable bass'.

2.gif

Thanks everyone! You have now helped me with a few problems at once. I will get rid of the wife and keep the speakers. Grab the checkbook on her way out, and buy some more speakers and mabey a new amp. Never have to listen to her "chit chat" again, or turn magazine pages!

But then I would have to pay child suport, alamony, cook for myself, clean up after myself, and wash clothes! Then I would find a new woman that would start out great, and then begin the downward spiral into another relationship nightmare. And who knows the way the courts work now, she would propably end up with my speakers anyway!

So the only solution is to keep them both, and find her a hobby!! Great idea by the way! But Amy you are right about talking and chit chating.

Most of the problem when my system is too loud comes from the bass frequencies. Bass frequencies travel through the building's structure. I turn off THX post processing so I can turn on "midnight" mode. Midnight mode uses dynamic compression so that you can hear dialog, but are not blown out by loud noises in the program material.

I think that Amy missed her real calling- marriage counselor. I think she hit the nail on the head.

Bill

Hardhitter said.

So I have to bend over.

Wow not knowing what you look like or your wife I will pass on that visual..LOL AND save you the pain!!

And then there is the licking the finger before she turns the page.

Man, am I missing something? A woman in a sexy nighty next to you in bed?? AND licking her finger..Hint hint hint... and you fall asleep?

Life is about compromises both ways. trust me on this one... If you give her what she wants emotionally and be strong for her, she will give you even more back physically too.

----------------

On 8/18/2004 5:58:31 PM troostj wrote:

"we re willing to mary each other. so i have to bend over."

bend over? hmmm no comment. lol j/k

----------------

well...it seems that the sentence i used has a double meaning.

i should put a stress on the fact that i bought my speakers just after i ve bought my motor bike...

and i m willing to buy a car...9.gif

we cannot always do what we want...2.gif

----------------

On 8/18/2004 11:36:59 AM bertsummerkids wrote:

What the hell is with all of you ***** whipped men. Take control of your relationship and let her know who wears the F**** pants. As a man you should be able to have control of your own money and not ask permission to have the checkbook, which is probably yours in the first place. You should also be able to listen to your music as loud as you want without static from your girl. If these issues do pose problems then get the hell out and run for your life.

----------------

9.gif

don t worry about this, as i ve just i do almost what i want with my money: a ducati monster, some klipsch, soon a new car.

if she wasn t here i think it will remains no money in my wallet and my bank account9.gif

----------------

On 8/19/2004 11:49:27 PM IndyKlipschFan wrote:

Afraid to say much more without getting banned!! LOL.

Maybe we need to teach you the song RAWHIDE!! Woof Woof!

----------------

i m not a good singer at all so there is no need to teach me this song9.gif