Thanks PWK / Muddy Waters

mikebse2a3

Just wanted to say thanks to PWK and Klipsch and Associates

for the Klipschorn and Belle Klipsch loudspeakers and Muddy Waters for the music I listened to tonight.

Tonight I was trying some new tubes in my pre-amp and started listening. The next thing I knew I'd listened to 4 CDs all the way through no skipping tracks just drawn into the music.The Khorns/Belle just allowed me to connect to the music/artist in a way that makes it really hard to stop listening."4 HRs to sleep before work"

For those who like BLUES two of my favorites are

Muddy Waters folk singer

Sonny Boy Williamson Keep It To Ourselves

these recordings aren't perfect but they have a quality that is very real.

Anybody got other Blues favorites? I would love to find more recordings of the style and quality of these two.

Thanks

mike1.gif

Actually, Muddy Waters, Folk Singer, is not poorly recorded. Its been reissued my Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs and more recently reissued in both SACD and DVD-A formats.

In the same vein (albeit without the recording quality), you might want to check out Robert Johnson The Complete Recordings. Kind of pricey but lots of historical documentation and insights from the likes of The Rolling Stones who were inspired by this music.

John Lee Hookers Chill Out, while having the popular opening title song done with Carlos Santana, the rest of the album is primarily John Lee with his acoustic. Pretty good sound quality too.

At the other extreme is Jimi Hendrix Blues. Hendrix, usually classified as a certified rocker, here you will hear, what Hendrix is really about and where it all came from. B.B. King, on the very last show of his B.B. King Blues Hour radio show, ended the program with a cut from this CD.

If youre into Buddy Guy and this kind of (original) blues (as opposed to the more rockin type) check out Buddys new CD Blues Singer.

And of course we should not forget our heavy rock links to blues. Bass player and songwriter, Willie Dixon not only inspired bands like The Stones, but also penned many of the tunes popularized by Led Zepplin. Both the Stones, and Zep flew to Chicago when Dixon passed on to participate in Dixons funeral march.

I LOVE Stevie Ray Vaughan. I have a live version of "Texas Flood" that is 11:30 long and recorded at the Toronto Jazz Fest just before the band broke into the big time. It is phenomenal - even though half the crowd is booing him, he is playing like he is on fire. It is available on "The Blues: Guitar" put out by Atlantic Records. it may be tough to find.

Check out some recommended titles by John Lee Hooker, Albert King, Freddie King and B.B. King.

Visit http://www.amazon.com, type in the artist name then take a look at their featured or best selling recommendations. Another source of review type info can be found at http://www.allmusic.com/ , they have a very extensive database for all types of music/artist.

Enjoy!

Hey artto

thanks for recommending

John Lee Hooker "Chill Out"

Buddy Guy "Blues Singer"

Man I really like these!!!

This is what I'm talking about cause both have great music and sound which is hard to find.

TBrennan said:

I like "Some Kind of Wonderful" by Buddy Guy. The song is actually more Soul than Blues and it really cooks, I mean smokin'.

I didn't spot this one today but I'll be looking out for it.Do you know the title of the CD its from?

Again thanks everyone for the suggestions and any more will be appreciated.

mike1.gif