27 days without audio....

maxg

Well I am back from holidays and simply dying to hear my system again. Instead of which I am currently in the office having spent the last 3 days fighting with a dead server.

Started off well enough - 2 weeks on Trikeri Island (nice) with the only thing to listen to being a very old Sony (I think) boombox of sorts and audio cassettes (not nice).

Then back for half a day before taking my daughter to Manchester for a week with my parents (SWMBO stayed at home for a break from both of us). That was tiring!

Back and its Olympics in full swing. So far I have only been to one event (Sailing) and the rest of the time spent in the office with the aforementioned non-server.

Hopefully things will now settle down. Server is back up and running and all I have to do now is switch it from the current ISDN connection to ADSL (eek!!) - I have no idea what I am doing here - but it doesnt look too daunting.

I wonder if I will ever get to listen to music again?

----------------

On 8/27/2004 3:03:45 AM edwinr wrote:

----------------

On 8/27/2004 2:55:26 AM maxg wrote:

I wonder if I will ever get to listen to music again?

----------------

Absence makes the heart grow fonder...
3.gif

----------------

You're telling me. Even CD's in the car sound good right now!

Cheers all!!

Yup Mark - I guess that is what all those silly buggers running around in shorts are up to.

In the meantime I was watching the women's beach volleyball on TV with my dad when mum comes in and asks:

"Do men play this game too?"

and the reply (in stereo as it happens from Dad and I):

"Who cares?"

Welcome back Max, good to know that one of the Europeans is back in place. Yes the Olympics can be exciting. The Dutch lost a few finals: women's hockey and yes it is also played by men, we also lost the men's final!8.gif Bummer. Anyway don't take your abstinance (is that spelled right?) too far, the hunger might grow so deep you'll never leave your cellar again once your back in there.11.gif. I'm still in training for the next Olympics... Javelin catching...2.gif

Hi Max,

When you get back to your rig, it will probably sound the best it's ever sounded. That's how it works with me, anyway.

Say, where the heck is everyone at the games? I haven't seen even a nearly full venue yet. Are people afraid of terrorism there, or is it something else?

Womens Volleyball - YUM-YUM! I wish we had a pro circuit here in the good ol' USA!

Why Guys - I didnt think anyone would have noticed my absence - this is almost a tearful experience (almost!!).

JD,

Check out those venues now - we cant get tickets for any money. Sadly week one was a bit of a disaster crowdwise. Authorities here had talked most greeks into leaving the city in expectation of the tourists to come. Only they didnt - at least not in the numbers we were anticipating.

Greeks are now pouring back into the city - and buying up all the remaining tickets. Helps that the Greek team is doing so well (2 atheletes with suspected drug histories not withstanding). I think we have around 6 or 7 golds now - which is definitely a best ever result.

Now all we need is to get past the closing ceremony without terrorist incident or earthquake and I think everyone will agree the games a surprising success.

Keep fingers crossed and prayers coming if you please.