Time flies...

neo33

...when you're having fun with audio. I can't believe I have spent a year of my life on this forum!

I now have 3 pairs of Cornwall, 3 pairs of Heresy, 1 pair of Forte, 1 pair of KG 1.2, a set of Quintet II plus a KSW-10 sub and 2 sets of ProMedia 2.1.

I am a Klipsch-head! Everywhere I turn, there's Klipsch. I am surrounded by Klipsch! Help!!!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no hope for you now. You are hooked even if you leave this forum. E-Bay and Audiogon have now become your fav's. Your credit card is all over the intranet. Music will never sound the same to you. You can not fight it, and obviously cannot seem to let go of anything you own. You have went to the dark side of audio. I can offer you no help becasue I am right there with you. When you find the cure please let me know.

May the Force be with you.

Hello my name is NEO.. I am a "Klipschahollic."

Welcome to the club. Some people will never understand. Thats ok, you know what YOU like and at the end of the day that is all that matters isn't it?

My only suggestion is branch out on diffent music too. Fun to see and hear where your tastes lead you.

Congrats!!

Funnily enough I thought you had been on here longer than that!

As it happens I have done the opposite. I had Klipsch speakers when I joined but now I dont.

Doubtless that situation will be rectified over time of course. But it will be Belles for me rather than KHorns unless corners make a magical appearance in my life.

False corners are an option but the speakers are a little too big for the room if they are placed where my current speakers are. WAF = 0.

Max,

Belles seem to be quite rare in Germany/Europe. Do you have any woodwork expert among your acquaintances? I am asking because there was a DIY Belle thread in the mods section not too long ago (inclusive some cabinet plans). That might be an option, but what was wrong with your Heresy/sub combo (apart from the fact that your sub was not an SVS 9.gif )?

Wolfram

Now that is an interesting idea Wolfram. I reckon I have just about got sufficient skills to knock up a Belle - I did build the speakers I currently use anyway.

As for the Heresy / Rel combo - nothing wrong with it at all - just that what I lucked into building sounds better with the music I play and the system/room I have.

In all honesty parting with these home built speakers would be one hell of a wrench - I am not at all sure I could do it for anything other than something else I put together (even if it wasnt my own design).

that Belle design could be right up my street. I will take a look at the mods section and see if it looks do-able.

Bragger LOL, Yeah I started with a single pair of La Scala's until I came here now I have 3 La Scala's, 4 Heresy II's, 2 RB 15's(inactive) and an RC3II(inactive). My next conquest will be sometime down the road but it will be K-Horns for sure. I have just simply accepted that there is no end to this. Look at Horn Ed, Q-Man, ...etc and others. This is an addiction for which there is no cure and the only treatment is to feed the addiction itself. Happy anniversary.9.gif

Neo---Rather than pile Klipsch upon Klipsch I suggest branching out into the wider world of horn speakers; get yourself some Altecs, JBLs, Tannoys, EVs and such. You might find, as I did, that you like some of those better than Klipsch.

Or research and build a DIY horn system.

----------------

On 8/31/2004 6:48:02 PM TBrennan wrote:

Neo---Rather than pile Klipsch upon Klipsch I suggest branching out into the wider world of horn speakers; get yourself some Altecs, JBLs, Tannoys, EVs and such....

----------------

Neo, TBrennan's idea is really good! The speakers he has suggested would make excellent speaker stands, rather than using perfectly good Klipsch speakers for that purpose. Why didn't I think of that! 8.gif