K-Horn project

ricktate

Rick, you've got your hands full there. I agree with others that with all that paint, best results would be had by sanding, filling, SQUARING EDGES (very important prep step for veneering), then veneering.

I've recently purchased a 1950's rather modern home. Thinking of redoing my CWO Cornwalls in a natural maple or birch with funky cane grill to go with new interior furnishings. Don't want to get too exotic or far from 'factory' choices though. I think about any veneer and finish, properly applied will make your Khorns things of beauty. Agree with your theory of paying a bit more when you can personally inspect and transport these bests. You did okay!

Michael

----------------

On 9/28/2004 12:22:59 PM ricktate wrote:

now i think its more like im saving them and making them into B models to.

----------------

Looking good... 1.gif They have come a looonnng way since you posted those first pics! You converted them to "B" from which model... "C" or "D"?

They were style Cs and after testing and sealing the bass bin chamber..now airtight...and dealing with the UPS gorrila jumping on my veneer shipments yea two boxes of nice walnut veneer smashed.They are comming along good now should be done soon one top section left to do and tweeters to fix. Rick

• 1 month later...