Kill Bill, volume 1

dkp

David: I understand that many people really enjoy this series (I and II) and that it is a bit over the top for some. I have not seen either movie, so therefore, I cannot judge. However, from hearing about it from my friends who have seen it, it doesn't sound like my (or my wife's) cup of tea...er, um....blood. 14.gif We have no plans to view it. But, please understand; I am not condemning it. It's simply not for me. Thanks for your review. In comparison, we did see 'Pulp Fiction' (another Tarantino film), which I understand is not nearly as graphic...we didn't care for it.

I tend to agree with filmboydoug's statement (above): "Tarentino makes movies for his own amusement and his fans have a similar sense of humor."

I watched a personal appearance Tarantino made on 'The Tonight Show with Jay Leno' around the time that '...Bill II' was released. The guy is definitely "different". He could barely sit still for more than 30 seconds (very hyper). But, again, I am not judging him. I am only stating what I observed. He's probably quite bright and gifted.

----------------

On 9/7/2004 1:48:47 PM ygmn wrote:

I liked it...and check the older thread about this movie for more opinions....
----------------

Sorry for the double entry, everyone. I actually went back a ways and didn't see it.

David

----------------

On 9/8/2004 9:17:27 AM picky wrote:

David: I understand that many people really enjoy this series (I and II) and that it is a bit over the top for some. I have not seen either movie, so therefore, I cannot judge. However, from hearing about it from my friends who have seen it, it doesn't sound like my (or my wife's) cup of tea...er, um....blood.
14.gif"
We have no plans to view it. But, please understand; I am not
condemning
it. It's simply not for me. Thanks for your review. In comparison, we did see 'Pulp Fiction' (another Tarantino film), which I understand is not nearly as graphic...we didn't care for it.

I tend to agree with
filmboydoug's
statement (above): "T
arentino makes movies for his own amusement and his fans have a similar sense of humor."

I watched a personal appearance Tarantino made on 'The Tonight Show with Jay Leno' around the time that '...Bill II' was released. The guy is
definitely
"different". He could barely sit still for more than 30 seconds (very hyper). But, again, I am not judging him. I am only stating what I observed. He's probably quite bright and gifted.

----------------

I had been hearing quite a bit about this film, most likely due to volume II's recent release on DVD. I don't recall hearing anything negative about it, but I did not like it at all.

I also agree with filmboydoug's assessment, and I actually like some of his other films. Pulp fiction is a movie that I have watched over and over. It seems to me that he also made Reservoir Dogs, and I also liked it. He certainly has an interesting and unique way of creating his movies. This one just did not appeal to me at all.

David

----------------

On 9/8/2004 1:16:51 PM dkp wrote:

----------------

On 9/7/2004 1:48:47 PM ygmn wrote:

I liked it...and check the older thread about this movie for more opinions....
----------------

Sorry for the double entry, everyone. I actually went back a ways and didn't see it.

David

----------------

probably need to change the page view thingy to more then 30 day default....

I know I have needed to do it a few times...

here is few links though:

http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/view.asp?topicID=47869&sessionID={0B1B2909-AB85-4D9C-9166-3540F18329A8}

http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/view.asp?topicID=49136&sessionID={0B1B2909-AB85-4D9C-9166-3540F18329A8}

and one about Vol 2:

http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/view.asp?topicID=48645&sessionID={0B1B2909-AB85-4D9C-9166-3540F18329A8}

I hate this defualt of 30 days...grrrrrrrrr....

----------------

On 9/7/2004 4:38:01 PM filmboydoug wrote:

Tarentino makes movies for his own amusement and his fans have a similar sense of humor.

Check out volume 2, imho it actually makes volume 1 a better movie.

----------------

I agree completely. Guess I share Tarentino's sense of humor, I dig all of his movies.1.gif

I just saw Vol. 1 yesterday and thought it was great. The whistling of the nurse sounded really good. I like the rest of his movies and I can't wait to rent the second one, although I heard it's not as good as the first, but it does explain the rest of the story, as well as giving you some background as to what happened before the beginning of the first movie. Anyway, this probably only makes sense to those who've seen it, but just thought I'd share anyway. 9.gif

I agree, I really liked the 1st one better. Even though it was supposed to be one continuous movie, part 2 had a different feel to it. Every time I would start getting into the flow of the 2nd movie it seemed like David Carradine would get into some long winded speech, and the pace of the movie would slow to a standstill. And whatever happened to Sophie the lawyer from pt.1?

I saw vol. 1 in the theater, couldn't help laughing out loud and cheering, but I might be weird. Same with Pulp fiction, if you are like QT then these movies kick butt. On the other hand, you could say they are awful. I think that Kill Bill was not overdone, unbelievable, but not overdone. Just my opinion.

The thing that makes me wonder is that Tarentino said he tried like heck to reach his limit and capabilities on this and hit the ceiling with is skills. Now this was an ok/pretty good movie. If that's his best then I think he just lucked out on Pulp Fiction, because that's better in my eyes. Much better, and it definetely had to do with the casting. If he didn't have all those great actors that movie would not have been as good. Jackie Brown, and resorvoir dogs were pretty good to. I really don't expect much from him now after hearing him say that on the starz channel.