Do these look like Cornwall Speakers to you?

boomac

my guess from literature might be a Quartet. It had a 12" passive and 10" woofer, but two horns, maybe the guy bypassed the mid cause the K76 high is bout 2x4. Cabinet dimensions would be 31 x 16 w, x 12 1/4 d if that's the case. Looks about that ratio. The guy may be measuring the outside of the surround as well, his dimensions are odd.

Regular Chorus had 15 woofer, no sub bass, Chorus II was 15" w + 15" sub bass so I don't think it's either of those by his dimensions.

The picture doesn't match the description does it?

The woofer most probably is 15" he is measuring across the cone not the basket. Many sellers describe the 12" Hersey woofer as 10.5". What he calls the "woofer" is really the squaker. I've never seen a rectangular woofer.2.gif

25" across the face sounds like a Corn to me.

But, What is with the "metalic grill infront"?

There is something definately wrong here.

Rick

I live in a Houston...so, I will see if this guy will let me come inspect.

I am looking to upgrade my system w/ a set of Cornwall's !!!

What a great opportunity for me, if these are right at my door-step.

(saves major $$$ on shipment and all the carrier worries)

Well I measured my Chorus II and Forte II real quick. None of the measurements match up with them, and a Quartet would definitely not match either, it being smaller. The Chorus II is taller than his height and the Forte II is shorter than his height. The width of 25" is WAY longer than the width on either of the two.

So my educated guess is he might just have Cornwalls, but he posted a picture of a Chorus/Forte/Quartet for some reason...A Cornwall owner would have to chime in with measurements possibly to be sure.

Bob

I lightened the photo in Photoshop (sorry I don't know how to post pix yet) and the base is definitely the exact same size as the cabinet, like a Chorus. My earlier quartet guess was off, I misread the 'woofer' spec. Go steal em, whatever they are, the guy doesn't know his woofer from a sqwaker! (who else used that crazy term for mid horn/driver except Klipsch lovers?!?!?)

DEFINITELY NOT NOT NOT a photo of Cornwalls, dimensions and base are all wrong.

----------------

On 9/11/2004 9:52:33 AM colterphoto1 wrote:

I lightened the photo in Photoshop (sorry I don't know how to post pix yet) and the base is definitely the exact same size as the cabinet, like a Chorus. My earlier quartet guess was off, I misread the 'woofer' spec. Go steal em, whatever they are, the guy doesn't know his woofer from a sqwaker! (who else used that crazy term for mid horn/driver except Klipsch lovers?!?!?)

DEFINITELY NOT NOT NOT a photo of Cornwalls, dimensions and base are all wrong.

----------------

I agree, they look exactly like the ChorusII's sitting in my living room!

The only way I'd buy these is to see them first.

In summary,

1.) Stolen photo from anther current auction?

2.) Photo doesn't match the speaker?

3.) Measurements don't match any Klipsch speaker (close to a Cornwall)?

4.) Doesn't know a squaker from direct radiating driver?

Too many questions.

I live in Houston, where these speakers are available...and have struck a deal w/ the CBR CORNWALL seller ...and will be picking these "baby's' up next week. ~ I can't wait. ~

How lucky can a guy get, .... to live only 15 miles from a deal like this? (I can't imagine what the SHIPPING cost and the RISK it would be for mailing something so precious, such as these HUGE speakers !)