how much for one record?

Timmikid

That's right, Paul! I AM a class act! And if you read the thread again (and I encourage everyone here to do so!) you will notice that the flaws found on this record were DUST and FINGERPRINTS! Scott has told me that once cleaned properly the record played PERFECTLY--dead quiet with excellent sonics!

In other words, NEAR MINT.

And you are STILL a mean, narrow-minded fool in love with his own voice howling in the wilderness. I would actually feel sorry for you if you weren't so AGGRESSIVE about it. Believe me, pal, MOST of us would be FAR happier if you just crawled into your hole and stopped BOTHERING us with your foul bile.

And you never sounded more foolish than when admitting that a Hank Mobley record would put you to sleep . . .

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then you are calling Artto a liar. Excuse me for being frank, but Artto has *vastly* more credibility than you do. Of course you'd like me to go away; then you could peddle your "Near Mint" records to your heart's content.

Now, quit dodging my questions and supply some answers.

----------------

On 9/21/2004 9:32:13 PM paulparrot wrote:

Then you are calling Artto a liar. Excuse me for being frank, but Artto has *vastly* more credibility than you do. Of course you'd like me to go away; then you could peddle your "Near Mint" records to your heart's content.

Now, quit dodging my questions and supply some answers.

----------------

No, Artto said the record was DIRTY--dirty by his high standards--you probably would have never even NOTICED! He never once said the record was damaged in any way because IT ISN'T! You are the one who is (as usual) HOPELESSLY CONFUSED.

There is nobody on this board who knows more about jazz LPs than I with the possible exception of Lon. And there are scant few who have the same love and respect for both the MUSIC and the FORMAT.

I have NEVER dodged a question from you--you are just lacking COMPREHENSION because you are a simple-minded fool.

THANKS FOR REMINDING ME, ALLAN. I FIND SOMETIMES THAT USING ALL CAPS IS EFFECTIVE WHEN DEALING WITH PEOPLE WHO REFUSE TO LISTEN. THAT IS NOT ALL THAT ARTTO SAID BY ANY MEANS. YOUR RENDITION OF WHAT HE POSTED IS ABOUT AS FAR OFF AS YOUR GRADING STANDARDS.

BEFORE READING YOUR LAST RANT, I DIDN'T REALIZE ONE HAD TO BE A SELF-PROCLAIMED JAZZ EXPERT TO RECOGNIZE DIRT. LOL! BUT DIRT WAS NEVER THE ISSUE, OTHER THAN THAT IT SHOWED GREAT DISRESPECT ON YOUR PART TO SEND ONE OF YOUR FREQUENT CUSTOMERS A FILTHY RECORD.

Why dont you guys grow up and go listen to some music (BTW thats the combination of tones that comes out of your expensive electronic stuff that you so much like to argue about)? It seems like you would rather point out your perception of what someone else is saying about stuff that really doesnt matter. If thats the case so be it but do not attempt to rationalize your behavior by pretending to be music aficionados. You sound more like music critics who get paid for their opinions but cant play a note. You know those that can do, and those that cant, argue about it.

If I wanted to show someone what compete idiots grown people can become, I would point them to this thread.

Josh

From the thread in question, here is what the OWNER of the LP in question had to say. I'm willing to let this be the last word, as it proves conclusively that Paul Parrot is COMPLETELY full of sh!t . . .

"Good Lord my friend, nobody said anything about Allan offering or selling anything that was less than described. Heck, he takes things back with no questions asked and you don't maintain a 100% positive feedback on eBay without being 100% on the up and up. This was just an inside joke. Artto got on me because there were fingerprints and dust on the LP. I said, "hey, I got that one from Allan Songer and I never had it out of the sleeve." It was all in fun. Geeze, I've opened new LPs that wern't perfectly clean. Besides, I think the LP that Artto was talking about (bit noisy) was "Blues In The Abstract Truth" which is not an LP I got from Allan. Once cleaned, the Rollins LP played quite well.

Allan is the jazz Sensei. I highly recommend his advice and any record or other product that he might offer."

Paul,

Allan Songer does not over grade records. A simple joke got out of hand because you read things into the discussion that just arent there. In Indianapolis I found you to be a nice and reasonable guy. I think you are out of line here and wish you would cool it. Allan has offered me many records at prices well below what he could expect to get on eBay. I have found his records, as well as the records of others recommended by him, to be exactly as described. His knowledge of Jazz is vast and we should all be thankful that someone of his prowess participates on this Forum. I and many others on this forum value Allan Songers opinions, contributions, recommendations and friendship.

Welcome back Allan and do me a favor. Consider going back to your old avatar. Caddy for Daddy is great but I miss the old Baby Face.

----------------

On 9/21/2004 10:42:58 PM joshnich wrote:

Fini,

Sorry, that did come out a little strong!

Josh

----------------

No, I had a real dumb post, something about "Blew Nose" records, and I deleted most of it except for the interjection!

Josh - Your post was a bit strong and quite frankly, without full knowledge of the issues, was out of place and perhaps, even ignorant. Neither Paul nor Allan need pretend to be music aficionados. With over three hundred posts, youve been around long enough to know that. Your comment about what complete idiots grown people can be was also very unfortunate.

One need look no further than to Allan's completely unhinged posts to realize there is a "problem." Whether someone likes jazz or not, thinks a record is worth $1000 or not, likes a record because of a street address on the cover or not--none of these are the issue. Overgrading is the issue. "Near Mint" should mean "Near Mint" and here it doesn't. And no matter how many temper tantrums are thrown, the grade of the vinyl doesn't change.

If Artto was actually talking about a non-Allan record, that is a different story, but Artto's post doesn't say that. He's specific about what LP he's referring to.

"The LP's surface noise actually wan't too bad, but there were some awful ticks and pops as expected." -- Does that sound like "Near Mint"?

Paul,

I normally try to both stay out of these arguments and be as even handed as possible but you really are a one man band trying to be an orchestra here - with sheer weight of posts.

You may have successfully hounded Kelly off the forums - and beaten the drum of higher power for Heritage speakers in the face of stiff opposition but you really need to let this one go.

Allan is highly respected on this forum both for his knowledge and for his provision of vinyl records to would be Jazz fans. To date I have not seen a single complaint from anyone over the quality of his wears - and I include the post that has set you off as it was done in obvious jest.

Allan is a valued member of the forum as the posts to defend him testify - his standing on ebay speaks for itself. You and I have one thing in common as regards the vinyl he sells - neither of us have ever bought a record from him and therefore I would suggest neither of us are actually in a position to comment on his activities.

And for heaven's sake - lose the holier than thou - I am just trying to protect the masses from a con man attitude - it sits ill under the circumstances.

Paul,

Please give it rest regarding Allan. He is NOT a liar. I really don't think he would even know how to be dishonest. I would buy a used car from Allan, let alone a record. Let the people involved settle the issue regarding the record in question.

Allan,

Please give it a rest regarding the Parrot. Think about the peculiar talents of a real Parrot. A Parrot repeats what it hears without really knowing what they are saying. Not to mention, what can you accomplish by arguing with a Parrot? Pauly want a cracker? Pauly is a cracker?

Boomac,

You're way off target about Josh. WAAAAY off. The incessant arguing that appears on this board is waaaay boring and getting old. Not to mention, the original thread that started this most recent outbreak (and I quote, "Allan Songer's dirty vinyl") was possibly ill conceived. I say possibly because my pea brain thought it appeared out of line when I first read it. Allan takes his music and his record collecting VERY seriously. Both he and Josh are two of the finest people I know.

Thanks,

Chris

PS. Read this story, it might help put some perspective on the pi$$ing contests around here - http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/americas/09/22/haiti.jeanne.ap/index.html

----------------

On 9/22/2004 12:27:01 AM boomac wrote:

Josh - Your post was a bit strong and quite frankly, without full knowledge of the issues, was out of place and perhaps, even ignorant. Neither Paul nor Allan need pretend to be music aficionados. With over three hundred posts, you’ve been around long enough to know that. Your comment about “what complete idiots grown people can be” was also very unfortunate.

----------------

I am not sure where the ignorant part is. I also stand 100% by my POV that grown people here are sounding like idiots. What I regret is intimating that folks here cant play a note. I regret the comment because unlike the other comments I dont know it to be true.

Josh