PSA: Denon 5805 now on Denon's website!

kenratboy

The thing is just hay-fockin-uge! But at $6500, 2-receivers-in-1 as it may be, I think most people willing to spend that chunkachange would be more inclined to go seperates already...

You could also look at it like a Hummer. People who want such a ridiculously sized monolith are probably making up for a small ____!

----------------

On 9/28/2004 2:13:16 AM nicholtl wrote:

You could also look at it like a Hummer. People who want such a ridiculously sized monolith are probably making up for a small ____!

----------------

I don't get it? While I would much rather have seperates myself thats just me or you,not everyone.Furthermore,anyone that can afford a Hummer and the gas,more power to ya!One last point,most people that hate big things prolly don't have one.

One thing about that. I sure wish I had that many digital/optical inputs on my pre-amp. I've used up all three of the ones I got on my Denon AVR3802, and I sure wish I had two more.

I'll admit, that is a friggan nice looking unit, but I agree at $6,500, I would be seriously considering going seperates. I'll have to check if the local dealer has one, since I'd like to listen to it (as well as actually see just how big it is in person)

----------------

On 9/28/2004 7:09:53 AM Fish wrote:

I don't get it? While I would much rather have seperates myself thats just me or you,not everyone.Furthermore,anyone that can afford a Hummer and the gas,more power to ya!One last point,most people that hate big things prolly don't have one.

----------------

Does that means my owning a 24-inch Fabtech lifted Excursion on 38" Super Swamper Boggers stabilized with dual Bilsteins on ProComp shock hoops throttled by dual Gibson straight pipes filtered through my K&N FIPKII and moved by a Powerdyne Supercharger make me have a small weinershnitzel?

----------------

On 9/28/2004 10:37:18 AM Sanman023 wrote:

----------------

XXX

No, the point is, the info is now on Denon's site. (smack!!!) - read my post!

We have known about this for months.

----------------

On 9/28/2004 4:29:42 PM nicholtl wrote:

----------------

----------------

Does that means my owning a 24-inch Fabtech lifted Excursion on 38" Super Swamper Boggers stabilized with dual Bilsteins on ProComp shock hoops throttled by dual Gibson straight pipes filtered through my K&N FIPKII and moved by a Powerdyne Supercharger make me have a small weinershnitzel?

----------------

The answer is,I see no(nor want to see no) relationship between the two.2.gifThat assumption would use previous illogical logic,live long and prosper.One more thing,nice truck.

----------------

----------------

----------------

----------------

Ummm, yeah?

9.gif

Keep the thing stock height - WITH the engine mods, and then we can talk 2.gif

Hah,its only a receiver.Nothing more,my separates and massive power amps beat this little thing into submission.One ATI 2505 and one 1505 get the job done,no receiver amp comes close.

3.gif

I had a Denon 5801,yes nice little piece.Sold,do not miss it.Components are the way to go in the high end,no puny receiver will do.

Actually....I'm kinda suprised that with it being their flagship reciever, that they didn't include balanced inputs/outputs.

I do see some juxtaposition here in that folks that typically buy recievers do so for the one box hook-up convenience. Yet this reciever's sophistication and power is aimed at those folks who don't mind multiple "boxes" in their system. And surely the price point is right smack dab in the middle of the separates category. Interesting.......

Tom