For Sale: Auricap Type AAs

Deang

----------------

On 10/3/2004 2:13:13 PM DeanG wrote:

Craig, maybe responding to his points would be more constructive -- maybe just for the benefit of the general forum community? You can always send Kelly a nasty PM later.
9.gif
----------------

Dean,

Unlike you I know when someone isn't worth the long key strokes.

Kelly, I don't really think it is all that amazing. As more of us got exposure to what is available and what it sounds like, the mass moved a little futher pushing the envelope. Some of what you have said in the past is quite accurate and some of us are just discovering, things that can't be measured other than by our ears. I think initially many were not ready to divest large funds on an unknown item. I also think there have been improvements to some of the products and newer versions which push the envelope a bit as to what tubes can do.

Your postings have been read by many and it did start many along the run to an everspending fortune on tubes, but it has been a fun ride. Maybe instead of negative thoughts of not having the herd following closely behind, sit back and see where it is now. When I try some things now, I do think back to what others have said along the way. I think I will take the point of view I heard Howard Dean use last night on t.v., "if someone provides me with evidence that shows me what I was doing or thought was wrong, then I will change my mind."

Feel free to drop in and share your thoughts. I'm sure they will be read, contemplated and either accepted outright, put aside for a later time or rejected. It is good to have the thought process challenged every so often, just to keep us honest. You can't please all of the people all of the time. 2.gif

Kelly,

Are you upset you haven't received ample credit for all your past input, recommendations, suggestions, etc. (before my time BTW)? If it makes you feel better, many forum members comment in private to me that they miss your participation, knowledge and all-around fun-loving personality.2.gif

Good to see you post again.

I have several PCs of which one is named Kelly, another named Dean and yet another named m00n. Dean always flip-flopping between applications; seems like it can't make up its mind. Kelly seems to want more power all the time, more memory, more hard disk space, etc. m00n is quite reliable and seems to be content with its sibblings. 1.gif.

I, for one, miss greatly kelly's contributions. I learned a lot from him (and others here) and always felt his input was useful. Too bad he slipped away.

bitter? I suppose he has a right to feel that way, but I hope he gets over it and comes back to once again form a valuable part of the klipsch on-line community.

regards, tony

----------------

On 10/4/2004 12:49:25 PM sunnysal wrote:

bitter? I suppose he has a right o feel that way, but I hope he gets over it and comes back to once again form a valuable part of the klipsch on-line community.

regards, tony----------------

As do many others and still have a reason to feel that way everyday !

Whats up Kelly? Didn't I remember to thank you for all your help you louse?9.gif

We all grow up in our own way, its just how you deal with it that tells us the true person behind the post. Come back and add some life to this forum. I miss the debates and difference of opinion. I have spent enough money to buy your system and more with all the mistakes I have made. Come back and offer a hand. I still could use some magical interconnects.

On a serious note, I have been thinking of a DAC, but know nothing about them. What do you know of the MSB Link III?

Nice to hear him chime in, even though it's only one post in the last twelve months.

I look at the gear in my stable and realize that 90% of it was due to my conversations with him. He was always very helpful and gave me the caveats. It's been a fun journey, considering that I still have Bose Acoustimass speakers perched above my Klipschorns. I keep them there as a reminder of where I was just a few years ago.

In the end, I wound up with parafeed SET made by Dr. JFL, another connection that would never have been made without him.

I know there are those who disagree, which is fine. It's just my two cents.

Music Hall MMF-7 Turntable w/ Goldring Eroica H MC

Njoe Tjoeb 4000 CDP

Wright Sound WPP-100C Phono Stage

JF Lessard Pantheon 6SN7 SRPP Preamp w/ RCA 5R4GY & Sylvania 6SN7

JF Lessard Horus Parafeed Cobalt 2A3 Monoblocks w/ Tung Sol 5687 & AVVT 2A3

1976 KCBR Klipschorns with ALK Crossovers

Gear Online: Two Channel & Home Theater Systems