Let me say this

Bruinsrme

Currently there are 2 heated discussions taking place on this forum. I would like to say the users here are simply awesome! Other than a few minor quibbles there have been some excellent points brought out and discussed. Honestly, I do not think this type of discussion would be possible on many other forums without erupting into a mudslinging all out war. In my opinion this truly says a lot for the people who frequent this forum......

Believe me I understand where Trey is coming from.

If I could audition an RSW15 I would

----------------

On 10/18/2004 3:49:03 PM Bruinsrme wrote:

Currently there are 2 heated discussions taking place on this forum. I would like to say the users here are simply awesome! Other than a few minor quibbles there have been some excellent points brought out and discussed. Honestly, I do not think this type of discussion would be possible on many other forums without erupting into a mudslinging all out war. In my opinion this truly says a lot for the people who frequent this forum......

Believe me I understand where Trey is coming from.

If I could audition an RSW15 I would

----------------

I agree completely.

I just wish the Reference series were more widely available.

Hello:

The "debates" are truly a point of learning for me. Very important.

They are also showing the true qualities of the Klipsch Forum, The Forum Members and Trey.

In a way it proves to me something I've thought for a long time. The Forum is a Family. We may squabble, take some shots at each other - but in the end, we have the passion for audio that will allow us to agree to disagree at times and still care how the other members are doing.

Win dodger3.gif

----------------

On 10/18/2004 5:26:08 PM Orange Peel wrote:

I agree, there are a lot of good people on this board, and it's good to know we can all be civil about these topics. I would love to own a RSW-15, but they are too costly and not suited for my needs. A nice two channel setup would be great to have that in!
1.gif

----------------

There's nothing wrong with a properly setup 2 channel system. When I originally switched back to 2 channel from multi channel, I thought I'd miss the rears. But I don't. Two channel has been really fulfilling. It's enabling me to fine tune my system and to spend time considering my next upgrade. I am now of the opinion that before we start throwing speakers and subwoofers into a room left, right and centre, we should get the stereo mains sorted first. Once the mains are operating at their maximum potential, only then do we slip in the extras to compliment the fine sound we are already getting.

Edwinr - True, but I am a bassaholic, and I will have a subwoofer in every setup I own 9.gif I think the RSW series are better for music (my taste and opinion) due to their punchiness, etc. I am starting to like 2 channel listening a lot more now, I used to hate it, but it's growing on me, but I do use my PB12-Ultra/2 in that setup 9.gif

I definitely agree with Edwinr.

We have 2 ears. We go to a concert and for the most part, other than reflected and decayed sound, we hear from the front.

HT is good. But I am the "older" generation used to 2 channel. Plus when I've gone to the Philharmonic, I have never had a musician sitting behind me. Thus my penchant for only 2 channel.

But the 2 set up properly is a very good point. Subs can be added for those that want more bass, that does not negate 2 channel, it enhances for those that want the sub.

But it has been very nice to have civility.

dodger