Ordered New RF-35's !

RFG-1

Just ordered a pair of RF-35's online through electronics-expo.com. $700.00, cherry finish, delivered.

Must admit, I'm a bit nervous ordering speakers online-but price was $300 less than local dealer.

Anyone have any experience dealing with these folks ??

Well - I'll say that you made a mistake. While the price is less than that of local dealers, it's actually not a whole lot less. You see - I have never met a dealer who didn't drop the price by 20% or more to get my business. No one except large chain stores expects you to pay MSRP - that's not the way the system works. If you can still cancel the order, I would... because even if you have to pay $800 at a brick and mortar authorized dealer, the extra $100 is well worth it considering the warranty.

P.S. My friend and I went speaker shopping for him and paid less than $450 (including tax) for a pair of new RF-3IIs w. full warranty.

• 2 weeks later...

No Problems, at all.

Speakers arrived just 6 days after ordering.

Packaged very well.

Look and Sound MINT, PLeased with the price. !!

No local dealers, of which there are 2) were willing to touch the <$595.00 price tag.

Wish I made the change over to Klipsch sooner.

If anyones looking for a good DTS demo dish, try their Blue Man Group DVD.

It's encoded in DTS 96/24, DPL, DVD-A and really gives the speakers a workout !

9.gif

Hey Bruins, can you tell me how much you want for those speakers? I am primarily interested either in a pair of RB-75s OR the pair of RF-7s...

Also, if you could share your zip, I'll see if I can drive and pick them up -> I doubt that shipping RF-7s or even RB-75s is worth it.

i paid 850.00 out the door for my RF-35's .. last year. I shopped online but, for the warrnaty purposes i decided on sticking with the local dealer. they broke it down quite simply .. the online store warrentied the speaker but i had to pay shipping to have the speaker fixed if need be ... so the cost of shipping the speaker ONE time compensated the price difference in my mind ...