Khorns for Sale

Brap

Rent a minivan, they will fit in a minivan with the HF sections removed easily! An SUV will work as well. I have fit them into a '94 Pontiac Trans Sport SE and a '03 Pontiac Montana as well. Others have moved them in a Ford Explorer. They are 52" Tall, 31 1/2" Wide & 29" Deep approximately with the HF units attached. I would not ship them at all, you will receive kindling!

Sold to Coyote -- thanks for all the interest and I trust we will be hearing from him here after he has them set up in his home. Boy he is in trouble though. I offered to have him audition them driven direct from my 2A3 PP amp and Denon 2200. His wife will be screaming when we decides to upgrade from SS!!!

Just kiddin..............

Brap

• Like 1

Congratulations Coytee !

As for transporting them. I bought a set that were about 350 miles away and rented a full size Chevy van from Hertz. Even at the high price of gasoline here in Alberta ( about C$2.75 per US gallon at the time ) my cost for fuel was only about U$ 75.00),Pretty amazing for a 700 mile round trip Calgary-Kelowna return. The rental was also quite reasonable ( about U$75.00 for 2 days ).

Thanks all. I've sent a check for $500 as initial deposit :)

Checked out the U-haul 4'x8' trailer and it seems it ought to work just fine. I'll get lots of padding. They're going to check out my car later today (Saturday) to make sure my electrical connection is there and working fine.

Hard to beat $10/day for trailer, a trip to some old favorite haunts in Cincinnati on my way to Chicago (Cincy = old home turf), and a pair of K-horns.

10.gif

I'm sure Brad is being diplomatic, but I'd bet a nickel he can tell just how excited/giddy I am about getting these.

OH... and the wife... She happens to think these are going to go into our (currently) unfinished basement. 11.gif Just so happens, that I'll endeavour to show up at home when she's at work and out of my utter forgetfulness 11.gif9.gif , place them in the living room. Seems to me, you can't have a new pair of K-horns in your living room without bringing MORE of the stuff to work them with up from banishment of the basement? 11.gif11.gif

Oh yeah... my tribulations have just begun...good thing she keeps telling me I'm a keeper

9.gif2.gif

Figured I'd bump this so you could see the speaker in reference to my question.

I'm planning on driving to Chicago this upcoming week to pick these up. (wiping off more drool)

Anyway, the corners I'll put them in until the basement is finished, is going to have them sitting smack dab on top of my floor registers. Sooooooooo, I'm thinking on building a small base.

Essentially, as per the footprint of these, cut some plywood and then take some 2x4's (laying flat for better support), attach triangular plywood so that when this 2 1/2 base is in corner, the 2x4's are around the vent and it will not be suffocated.

ok, now to the WAF items, I will probably put a walnut "skirt" around this base so it will blend in with the speakers.

Do I need to "stain" the skirt or will BLO only work? otheer??

I know it probably wont' matter a GREAT deal since it's only going to be maybe a 3" strip, but still, we all know how the wives can be 3.gif

So, butting up flush with the bottom of this speaker, how would I best be served to finish the wood skirt?

tia