Looks like I'm going Rotel

Orange Peel

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------

On 11/11/2004 10:53:23 AM Griffinator wrote:

Rotel and Outlaw farm out the work to independent shops who go and get whatever they need to get to fit the spec.

----------------

Not True! Rotel is manufactured in a wholely owned Rotel built, Rotel operated plant, that, based on the photos I have seen is quite state of the art and sophisticated. Workers are well trained and well paid (by chinese standards), and I am told are quite loyal. In this plant Rotel also manufactures gear and components for other manufacturers, including some for the Denon and Parasound.

JR

----------------

On 11/11/2004 12:26:24 AM Orange Peel wrote:

If all goes well, tomorrow I will be ordering my new Rotel RMB 1095!

----------------

I just looked at the Rotel website to see just exactly what the RMB-1095 was. Looks nice. Would love to see some pics when you get it, as well as your impressions when you get it all hooked up. I'll be willing to bet that you'll be able to tell a difference upon inserting that very first CD. I know I sure as heck did when I got my B&K amp.

Very nice!

If you are talking about the 60HZ hum, yes I had it. Used a 3 to 2 gender changer on the power cord and it dissappeared. As for the Klipsch/Rotel sound, to me it is a balanced/neutral sound. What I mean is that I am able to pick out sounds accross the spectrum. The only thing that I can think of that I dislike is that this combo will definately identify bad recordings. LOL!

Hop this helps,

Rob

----------------

On 11/11/2004 9:03:16 PM JewishAMerPrince wrote:

Not True! Rotel is manufactured in a wholely owned Rotel built, Rotel operated plant, that, based on the photos I have seen is quite state of the art and sophisticated. Workers are well trained and well paid (by chinese standards), and I am told are quite loyal. In this plant Rotel also manufactures gear and components for other manufacturers, including some for the Denon and Parasound.

JR

----------------

My apologies. I had heard otherwise about Rotel. I know Outlaw does.

With complete respect to all those above, it's pretty difficult if not impossible to tell someone not to buy a Rotel amp because Sunfire sounds so much better. First, everything is subjective and is based on what each individual thinks sounds good. Second, how can you say someone should pick Sunfire to go with your Klipsch when you haven't even listened to Sunfire driving Klipsch speakers? Just because Sunfire (or Denon, Anthem, Yamaha, Bryston) sound good with one manufacturer doesn't mean it'll sound good with Klipsch. And again, I have to refer to point one, it's all in the ears of the beholder.

Sorry, I'm beginning to feel like the only proper answer to any of these amp/speaker posts is to tell the person to listen to the desired combo and decide for himself.

>>I agree. However, unfortunatly it is not always possible.<<

Point conceded. Sometimes you're forced into asking instead of demoing. The person asking just has to understand the pitfalls of relying on other peoples opinions when it comes to amp/speaker matching.

I'll admit, it's tough. Everyone wants to get some insight, myself included, on potential combos so the questions get asked and we do the best we can to guide each other to the right choice.

.......Second, how can you say someone should pick Sunfire to go with your Klipsch when you haven't even listened to Sunfire driving Klipsch speakers?......

i have heard the sunfire powering a complete RF-7 system.... very impressive..... and a much better sound than any rotel i have ever heard powering any klipsch speakers.....

since you obviously didn't bother to read the entire thread..... i posted this information on the 9th post of the thread on page one....

"another vote here for the sunfire amps....

heard one powering RF-7's at an Ultimate Elctronics here in minneapolis..... excellent sound with the RF-7's...."

----------------

On 11/15/2004 4:13:56 PM Steve Donalson wrote:

Why isn't Aragon on the list? Of course, to achieve the absolute best sound possible, it must be powered by Aragon!!!!
3.gif2.gif9.gif10.gif

----------------

I've heard the RF-7s with Aragon when I was in Indianapolis during the "pilgrimage". I was very impressed. Unfortunatly, there were no Aragon dealers in my local area. As a result, I ended up getting a B&K amp instead.

Still, since I would like to eventually get a pre-pro to replace my Denon AVR-3802 reciever, I am not ruling out Aragon. I may have to drive up into D.C. or down to Richmond to get a look at one, though, since nobody here locally has them.