Need opinions on a business name please

Orange Peel

Thanks Nicholtl. I just think of "nice" when I hear Platinum, it sounds expensive, yet quality at the same time. You get what you pay for now adays, and we all know this with our gear.

I'm leaning towards...

"Platinum Home Theater Entertainment, Bringing the theater to your house!"

I like the other words you associated with elite, I think the average person wouldn't know what they mean though, hell, I don't know what Paragon meant 9.gif

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Instead of Theatre, how about "Cinema"?

Home Cinema Design Group

Your Home Cinema

Cinema At Home

Lots of good ideas in here, I wish you luck in your venture.

Before we opened our shop, I kicked around the idea of "Yellow Dog Auto". My wife and a few friends kicked it to the curb, down the drain, into the water treatment facility, and it came back out as "Whitefish Automotive", mainly cause we are on the Whitefish Chain of Lakes.

Thanks again for all this help, what a great bunch of people here!

I think the Pure Platinum is too much and making the name too long.

I don't want to use my city in the name, just in case I move, etc. I want it to stand alone and be unique to itself. And there is a "Unique Car Audio" here in town as well, don't want to mess with their business, they have been around for a long time.

I like cinema personally, but I think the general population tends to hear Theater more, and associates Theater with BIG screen, good quality picture, nice sound, etc. But I do like the "Making your dreams come true" slogan, maybe refine to, "bringing your home theater dreams to life", something like that.

I never thought this name thing would be so difficult 9.gif

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 11/16/2004 6:34:03 PM boomac wrote:

On 11/16/2004 6:24:11 PM smilin wrote:

Try using, Pure Platinum, it's sexier!

----------------

Sounds like a place where the "Ladies Dance" Steve!

----------------

AAAHHHH the memories, back in the 70's and 80'swhen they really were hot3.gif

I think smilin was on to something. How about "Big Bang Theory" or "Expanding Universe Audio & Video" or "Mind Blowing Media"? "The Edge of Sound" "Beyond Comprehension" "Pixel Parade" "Digital Paradise"...

If you're setting up a business, you should find a local business lawyer to help you. No, not me.

One thing to consider is a trademark search. It is quite possible that others are using these terms and you could find yourself in a bind.

You may benefit in the long run with more fanciful, and less descriptive or suggestive terminology.

Gil

I understand this is a hard decision. It can make or break a business. Take your sweet time about picking a name. You`ll probably pick a name that no one here has thought of.

You are leaning toward "platinum". Makes me think of cold metal.

Here is what Merrian-Webster gives for that term.

1 : a heavy precious grayish white noncorroding ductile malleable metallic element that fuses with difficulty and is used especially in chemical ware and apparatus, as a catalyst, and in dental and jewelry alloys -- see ELEMENT table

2 : a moderate gray

OK....... I don`t like the name "platinum".

But who knows. I don`t own a business.

Maybe that`s the one. Just had to speak my piece(or is that "peace") on this one.

1.gif

I appreciate the help guys. I will take my time in deciding, getting all this input is REALLY helping, it's good to hear what the consumers think and can really help me in the long run.

As for the same tradename, I searched the AZ Corporate Commission website for anything similar and there's nothing with Platinum Home anything, so I should be safe.

And I agree, I think Home Theater should be in the name, it's what will draw the consumer in, and since that's what the trend seems to be as far as audio goes, it should be there.

Also, we want our metal amplifier and receivers to run cold, so platinum is kind of fitting 3.gif hehe