listening to your music on your speakers

Rsoxfan

My one and only visit to Gene and Georgetti's was in August, 1995. I was there with a couple of business associates and we were waiting for a table when a guy that had to be about 75 years old accidently bumped into a woman and stepped on her foot--she screamed "OH F*CK" and stumbled backward and fell on her ***. The woman's date grabbed the old man and DECKED him with a right to the jaw (he had the old guy by 40 years and 75 pounds). It was like being in a Fellini movie! Just at the moment when we were all kinda looking at each other, ANOTHER 70 year old man (this one was bigger and I later found out he was a retired Admiral) grabbed the younger guy and THREW him into the wall and started kicking him in the head! That's when the woman started beating the Admiral with her purse! All of this happened in about 45 seconds! Anyway, a bunch of restaurant employees broke the fight up and kicked the young guy and his date out onto the street while everyone cheered.

The steak was AWESOME by the way--it had to beat least 2 pounds!

Chicago--it's a hell of a town!

----------------

On 11/19/2004 11:59:34 PM davmar wrote:

----------------

On 11/19/2004 8:10:59 PM jwcullison wrote:

I like rock and metal. But I must say, this is not optimal with the heritage line. I have used several other klipsch speakers and they do fine. I am currently trying deal with the same situation with my scalas. Some rock or metal cd's are unbearable. It could be a recording quality but it is not as noticeable on my KG 5.2's.

This is not set in stone. I am listening to TOOL while typing this and it sounds great. If I listen to any other kind of music excluding rap, they are beatiful.

Nice analog cables can be less harsh than Digital.

----------------

jwcullison: I am shocked! I just read what your system makeup was and I was shocked more! Please list some of the cd you are having a problem with, I am curious if I have them and have a similar experience about them. I have La Scala and a 50 watt integrated amp.

----------------

Hey Manly Man,

Yes I found what I said disapointing but reality right now. I hope my network upgrade will fix this some. Again, some of the recordinds could be bad. It seems to me , the more "metal" the music, the more unbearable it is to listen to it.

For example, both my DISTURBED cd's, If I try to listen at a moderate volume, I get annoyed an eventually turn it down. It then becomes back ground music. If I play them on my stock truck stereo, I will listen to the entire cd with comfort.

Now before I get slammed here, I KNOW this isn't apple to apples. I just can't tweak my system to make metal or hard rock sound worth ahything on my system. If I were to change my fronts to the KG 5.2's, I can play these cd's with no problem. Now granted, they don't have the soundstage or lively sound of the scalas. The KG 5.2's are kinda like "party" speakers. In fact, that is what they were at one time.

PLease let me again reinterate (sp): easy listening, jazz, blues, and some soul or hip hop will do well on the scalas. Curtis Mayfield "Superfly" is one of my favs on the scalas. Has that real Big band sound

Some of the cds you wanted, well I can't type enough to get it all there.

Godsmack ok

System of the down good

Pantera Can't even be in the same room

Metallica good

Tool Great ( excellent on the "slower" songs)

Rob Zombie or White Zombie terrible

jc

mmsiman,

With the Khorns, mostly rock & jazz, some blues & classical through both SET & PP. With the Khorns & 2 pr of LaS (sometimes with the RSW 15), multi-channel through SS. They sound great with anything, to me. Changes I'm making now are from curiosity, not dissatisfaction.

SSH

----------------

On 11/20/2004 10:18:05 AM Allan Songer wrote:

My one and only visit to Gene and Georgetti's was in August, 1995. I was there with a couple of business associates and we were waiting for a table when a guy that had to be about 75 years old accidently bumped into a woman and stepped on her foot--she screamed "OH F*CK" and stumbled backward and fell on her ***. The woman's date grabbed the old man and DECKED him with a right to the jaw (he had the old guy by 40 years and 75 pounds). It was like being in a Fellini movie! Just at the moment when we were all kinda looking at each other, ANOTHER 70 year old man (this one was bigger and I later found out he was a retired Admiral) grabbed the younger guy and THREW him into the wall and started kicking him in the head! That's when the woman started beating the Admiral with her purse! All of this happened in about 45 seconds! Anyway, a bunch of restaurant employees broke the fight up and kicked the young guy and his date out onto the street while everyone cheered.

The steak was AWESOME by the way--it had to beat least 2 pounds!

Chicago--it's a hell of a town!

----------------

Ya that sounds like the city!9.gif

Tom

I listen to all kinds of music and just last night I was listening to Ministry - New World Order and Just One Fix. I didn't expect this album to sound that because it was just some industrial punk rock but it must have been recorded well because it just rocked.

One of the best recorded rock artist imho has to be T'Rex his recordings just seem so crisp/clear to me must have been recorded on 70's tube gear.

I do find it really disappointing when I put a favorite artist on and while I love the song the recording is just so dreadful it's hard to listen to ug I hate that plus it's not like you can get them to rerecord lol.

1. Overly compressed music or where some aspect of the analog signal was overdriven in the recording process sounds bad. Great speakers and amplifiers make these poor software recordings sound unlistenable. For a Rock and Roll example; Roger Daltrey or Robert Plant vocals when they are really belting it out even is not so hot on vinyl.

2. Mass market digital playback components are generally very weak, on cymbals this is very easy to hear the smearing and jitter. Poor digital was the main source of listening fatigue for me in the past.

The magical $ 100 DVD player for good music seems nonsensical. Too many computer chips and not enouigh separate power supplies to create good analog.

3. Although i have had little time to really go in depth on the subject; room reflections and resonance make the sound less muscial as you use higher SPLs for listening.

well first off I just want to say thanks to everyone for taking the time to answer my questions. But I think alot of you took what I said the wrong way, or maybe I wrote it that way. I was just trying to say I think hard rock is harsh to begin with,and Klipsch are very clear sounding so the harshness that is normally dampened by another speaker is only made more clear by Klipsch.

----------------

On 11/20/2004 10:18:05 AM Allan Songer wrote:

----------------

That is awesome, hurray for the admiral. Putting those medals to use even decades later.

----------------

On 11/20/2004 5:28:59 PM mmsiman wrote:

...and Klipsch are very clear sounding so the harshness that is normally dampened by another speaker is only made more clear by Klipsch.

----------------

Either you're listening to bad recordings, or your system is not properly tweaked.