2004 Klipsch Experiences

sire

• 4 weeks later...

I added a set of Fortes and one more Academy just before Xmas. I relatively have run out of room so 2005 will be looking to upgrade my receiver. No room for separates.

I am leaning towards Sunfire or B& K. Been toying with the idea of Mcintosh but I am sure that is out of my price range.

Alot of people on this forum have helped me this year. I wish to thank everyone on this forum for their input and wish them happy holidays and a happy new year.

Mike

I purchased a pair of KG 3.2's for my son's bedroom to replace a pair of Sony SS-MB355H Bookshelf Speakers he was using (no small improvement, I'm sure you agree) to hook up to my '84 Technics SU-V8X solid state integrated amp.

Now, I use the Sony's with a recently purchased vintage SA-500 Technics receiver to put into the master bedroom for Cable TV/DVD use. I still need to upgrade with Klipsch bookshelf size (must be smaller than the 3.2's though...suggestions?)

All that, and I finally got my Mitsubishi 62525 DLP HDTV to go with the rest of my Klipsch 5.1 Reference setup in my living room.

Klipsch in 2004? Well, my who;e ball of wax, really....

Started the year with two Forte's...

Added a pair of KG2's...

Added an Academy...

Added a pair of Heresy II's...

Added a pair of Forte's...

Added a pair of Cornwalls...

Not to mention getting an HD tuner, a VHS player, a receiver, an antenna, a set of restored theater seats, decorating my room, etc. It's been a fine ride over the last 12 months, and it can only get better from here, as I plan for improvements in 2005.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas day. My 5 year old is in "toy nirvana" right now.....

Popbumper

I feel bad.... My theater has not changed in any way for about 2 years....So I guess I will have to talk about my school...

Did a demo with my Belle's in the new theater & convinced the performing arts dept to install Klipsch in there.

Purchased industrial La Scala's & temporarily set them up in the band room to convince the music dept to install Klipsch.

Removed 2 toasted VOTT's from the Gym & replaced them with the industrial La Scala's mentioned above.

Purchased another pair of industrial La Scala's for the band room

Purchased a pair of Cornwall's for the chorus room.

Did an estimate for the school principle to install a new sound system using Klipsch in his new home.

I started 2004 married and with an HT that consisted of Bose acoustimess and 901s. I'm finishing the year divorced and with an HT that has RF-7s, RC-7, RSW-15 and KS-525-THXs....!

(she said it was the Klipsch or her - I'm going to miss her...!).

Merry Christmas,

This year my friend, who i got hooked on Klipsch, said he wanted to sell his system and go with the cornwalls. so i found a way to scrape up the money and buy his chorus II's (front), forte (center), and quartets (rears). love the heritage system!!!! oh and i blew up my sony ES receiver and bought an H/K ARV 8000. this is a heck of an amp!!!

Well, this was THE klipsch year for me. I finally took the plunge and upgraded from the $200 stereo system and bought a pair of RF-35s and an RC-35 (the latter from WS65711, who is awesome) and an Onkyo 5.1 receiver. 4 months later I've finally saved enough to buy the surrounds and a subwoofer, just waiting til the price is right. It's now my pride and joy to sacrifice food for HT equiptment :).

If anyone has a set of used RS-35s for sale send me an email!

wanted ad>

New to Klipsch in 2004. Acquired pairs of Chorus II, Forte II and Quartet... upgraded Sony ES receiver to HK avr525. Love the sound... listening to lots of old favorites again and getting into multi-channel SACD and concert/music DVDs.

Plans for 2005: add a power amp and consider replacing old JBL powered sub-woofer. Also, find a new home for old speakers, receiver and one Quartet.

Got 1976 Klipschorns 2 weeks ago! Yay! Had no room for the Cornwalls, so I took them and put them with their older brothers in my church's main room. (4 cornwalls produce quite an awesome sound in a big room, let me tell ya!)

Bought a pair of Heresys for my son's stereo.

Received my Scott 355 / 208 combo from NosValves in January, and while this isn't Klipsch, per se, it sure makes 'em sing.

Forrest

Let's see... last year it was a 43" DLP.

This year, it's been getting an entertainment center to put the DLP on. The existing center is too high at 48".

After looking around and seeing nothing that impressed us, we decided to go the custom route and had one built 36" high. All internal wiring access, internal surge protectors,..etc. Ventilation at top and bottom in the back. Makes for a nice unit.

We did add a KLF-C7 to sit as a center between my Forte I's front. The entertainment center was built to accomodate this size speaker, right below the TV. Looks very nice and tidy.