Head Shell Wanted

analogman

----------------

On 12/3/2004 10:06:10 PM Guy Landau wrote:

NON-ASIAN, why?

The "Asians" made some of the best headshells. The SME ones ring like hell.

----------------

Thanks for the post but...

Made a simple request/inquiry, DID NOT invite a debate. I specified NON-ASIAN as I did not want anyone to waste their time contacting me with regards to some "Made In Taiwan" Radio Shack crap. That is all I meant, DO NOT TRY TO BAIT ME BUDDY. Also, if you are interested, I need the shell for a DENON table/based retro project and do not want to use the Denon because it is a piece of SH!T, (the head shell, not the table), probably out sourced, you know, we ain't the only ones that do that crap.

Your pal,

Analogman

----------------

On 12/3/2004 10:06:10 PM Guy Landau wrote:

NON-ASIAN, why?

The "Asians" made some of the best headshells. The SME ones ring like hell.

----------------

You got what I'm looking for, and want to sell it, or just want to start some sh!t?

Analogman

I am growing to like you more and more every day, Mr. Landau.

I have one of these crappy Nagaoka headshells sitting here going unused--been sitting untouched since I went full time down the SPU path. Used to work great with the Decca London gold and the Denon. Too bad it's "Asian." I might have offered it up to someone in need for nothing . . . that is if they had an open mind.

skalunder_400.jpg

----------------

On 12/4/2004 12:13:21 AM Allan Songer wrote:

I am growing to like you more and more every day, Mr. Landau.

I have one of these crappy Nagaoka headshells sitting here going unused--been sitting untouched since I went full time down the SPU path. Used to work great with the Decca London gold and the Denon. Too bad it's "Asian." I might have offered it up to someone in need for nothing . . . that is if they had an open mind.

How about this crappy, asian, orsonic? Probably not worthy either. Or, was it the other way around? Probably too good for a pompous *** like yourself.

Either one of you know it alls ever stop to consider that I may have requested the SME/SHURE for a SPECIFIC purpose, UNKNOWN, even to you jerk offs?

I also do not appreciate your implications that since I specified NON ASIAN, that there is some reason to assume racist motives on my part.

I inquired as to the availability of a SPECIFIC piece, not a tutorial on what head shells YOU idiots like.

"Pompous ***" and "if they had an open mind", now THAT'S the pots calling the kettle black. Glad to know you wipes are so enlightened and philanthropic.

As always,

Analogman

----------------

On 12/4/2004 3:30:00 PM RCA7591 wrote:

This guy sells "universal" headshells, not sure if they are Asian or not. For $12.95 it's worth a try. They look decent.

----------------

Thank you for an intelligent, helpful, relevant and ON TOPIC post! 1.gif

Regards,

Analogman

----------------

On 12/3/2004 11:54:34 PM Klipschfoot wrote:

All I have lying around; one pos denon (I will not even dignify it with capitalization) and two crappy pioneers. Probably not worthy of your consideration.

"<a
http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/files/heads.JPG">

----------------

Thanks for your time, Klipschfoot,

I don't think they're pieces of sh!t, just not what I'm looking for.

Thank you again,

Analogman

I think you are fibbing! If you were looking for an SME or SME-SHURE headshell (they are exactly the same by the way)you would have asked for one--there would have been no need for the "non-ASIAN" qualifier.

SME still sells these things BRAND NEW for crying out loud--why don't you just email them and BUY one? The model is the SR-2.

http://www.sme.ltd.uk/html/spaccess.html

----------------

On 12/4/2004 6:14:10 PM Allan Songer wrote:

I think you are fibbing! If you were looking for an SME or SME-SHURE headshell (they are exactly the same by the way)you would have asked for one--there would have been no need for the "non-ASIAN" qualifier.

SME still sells these things BRAND NEW for crying out loud--why don't you just email them and BUY one? The model is the SR-2.

----------------

I have already made the mistake of dignifying your accusations with a response. You obviously race bait with more proficiency than you read. I am also forced to assume you do NOT have the piece in question available for sale. If you do not have anything useful or relevant to bring to the table, then SHUT UP "KNOW IT ALL" The "canned" qualifier under Allan Songer (NO LIFE) seems amusingly appropriate, (and accurate).

Sincerely,

Analogman

OK. But when you yelled out in all caps "NON ASIAN" it really shocked me. The best (and worst no doubt) SME-style headshells are Japanese. If you had said "NO CHEAP JAPANESE HEADSHELLS" it wouldn't have seemed so offensive.

You really can buy new ones from SME. Last time I checked they were about 20 pounds sterling. They sell on ebay for about $25-$40 dollars most of the time.

I can sell you a nice original SME headshell for $25 plus shipping if you want.

----------------

On 12/4/2004 9:21:35 PM Allan Songer wrote:

OK. But when you yelled out in all caps "NON ASIAN" it really shocked me. The best (and worst no doubt) SME-style headshells are Japanese. If you had said "NO CHEAP JAPANESE HEADSHELLS" it wouldn't have seemed so offensive.

You really can buy new ones from SME. Last time I checked they were about 20 pounds sterling. They sell on ebay for about $25-$40 dollars most of the time.

I can sell you a nice original SME headshell for $25 plus shipping if you want.

----------------

...but "NO CHEAP JAPANESE HEADSHELLS" is OK in "Allans World"? Your hypocrisy is STUPEFYING! Maybe if I had said "NO CHEAP SH!T" a twit like you would have understood, and I wouldn't be explaining myself to YOU. Maybe I need to have MY head examined. Thank you for your generous offer (15 posts latter), but I'll pass.

Thank you again,

Analogman

----------------

On 12/4/2004 9:44:28 PM boomac wrote:

I hate to assume, for the age old reason, so help me out here. What is a headshell and what does it do?

----------------

It is the piece which is attached to the end of a tone arm, to which the cartridge is attached. Not all tone arms use this method as they are one piece designs or use removable and interchangeable "arm wands".

Not to insult you, all of the above are pieces/parts of turntables. 1.gif

Regards,

Analogman

----------------

On 12/4/2004 9:38:39 PM analogman wrote:

........but "NO CHEAP JAPANESE HEADSHELLS" is OK in "Allans World........ Maybe if I had said "NO CHEAP SH!T" .......

----------------

Actually, that would have made much more sense. There's plenty of crap out there. Why limit your qualifications geographically? I should know, my wife has been driving those crappy Jap Hondas for 8 years now. Sh!itty resale value, too.

A-man, I admire your style in a certain way, but you're crapping in the wrong yard on this one...

Your buddy,

Ben