e-bay scam

yaffstone

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well THAT sucks!! I sent off a note to the first person on the seller list, then when I tried to send the same to the 2nd one, I got an error message from ebay that I had exceded the number of emails I can send in a day. 7.gif

Maybe someone else could try? I have already sent to kosmetickorner about auction # 5519476131

The other auction numbers that I can link niha13 to are:

I'd like to see this person get what they deserve.

----------------

On 12/7/2004 7:09:01 PM Gilbert wrote:

I just received another 2nd chance offer for the same item, but this time its from the same scumbag that ripped off Timmikid,

He has an ebay account, his user name is (
niha13
). I just realized that you can identify their user name from the ebay link that these scammers are modifiying for the people that choose to reply through WHAT APPEARS TO BE EBAY. The link is associated with his user name.

I'm gonna phuck with him, and let him think he's got a pigeon. Anyone got any ideas how we can screw this scumbag.
----------------

All I have to say is................ Get Him Gilbert !!!!!!!!!!!!!

----------------

On 12/7/2004 9:23:03 PM Champagne taste beer budget wrote:

I just had a thought...

What if the link that Gilbert found was somehow modified by the sender to reflect niha13, when that person isn't the actual person in question? I'd hate to be making false accusations against an innocent person.
----------------

That's a good thought. I'd find it hard to beleive that the scammer would use a real Ebay username. I have heard of people hijacking ebay usernames. I emailed one of the sellers(the world phone) that sold this guy something. We'll see if I get a response.

That is what I was thinking DaddyDee.

To give you guys a clue as to how bad this is....Today, I received a total of 4 (FOUR) 2nd-Chance Offers for that amplifier. That's 4 different scammer's in 1 day, and I'm only 1 person/ebayer. Think of the staggering number of potential victims...WOW, that just blows my mind.

Too many for me to keep up with. But note, when you get one of these clowns, they doctor up the fake ebay page. And the only way they can do it's, and avoid some of the risk is to attach their usernames to reply link that's associated (or made to look that way) with ebay. It's very easy to snag their username.

There are 2 things consistent with all the scumbags that have contacted me. They all have an active ebay account/username, and they've only made purchases, ....NEVER ANY SALES.

I've already done what Hallwalker suggested above. I picked through his (the scumbag's ebay purchases) items and contacted the 2 seller's that sold him something over $100. I asked the seller to please help me in obtaining a shipping address or phone number of the scumbag. No reply yet.

I agree that some serious action needs to be take against ebay. There are far too many loop holes in the system. The only thing that out numbers their loop holes is the number of potential victims.

Who know's what these scumbags will think up next. I predict a self-impolding future for the monster money maker called ebay. If they don't do something, they will kill themself's off. And that would be a bad thing for the majority that use ebay.

Could it be that these guys are selling to themselves in order to get some feedback (friends or multiple usernames)? Do these other buyers have a lot of activity or just a couple? You may be trying to contact the scumbag himself which is why you're getting no replys and possibly tipping him off. Not trying to sound negative here but it's just a thought.

Sjeez, now I received another 2nd chance offer on the same item I got scammed with! I think my best action is to run for the postoffice and send him a WU moneyorder! 9.gif This one with a different name ofcourse.

BTW other problem solved. My mother had a bad flu attack that apparently gave her dizzyspells, but after right medication all's fine now.

Great work guys!

----------------

On 12/8/2004 3:20:15 AM Timmikid wrote:

Sjeez, now I received another 2nd chance offer on the same item I got scammed with! I think my best action is to run for the postoffice and send him a WU moneyorder!
9.gif
This one with a different name ofcourse.

BTW other problem solved. My mother had a bad flu attack that apparently gave her dizzyspells, but after right medication all's fine now.

Great work guys!

----------------

Hi Tim:

Out of curiousity, how was the other part resolved - by what Agency?

Thanks

dodger

Great work guys!

----------------

Hi Tim:

Out of curiousity, how was the other part resolved - by what Agency?

Thanks

dodger

----------------

Sorry, Now I'm confused. The scam is not resolved in any way, the other problem was just that I was concerned of my mother's health and that I had to focus on that, but as I said, that's better now. Tim.

Hi Tim:

Was confused myself. Glad to hear she's doing well. All blessings and try to have a great Holiday Season.

I contacted AOL Security. You may hear from them. Also called a friend that has dating connections with Sunnyside PD.

There's also a NewYork State Internet Fraud Unit. Will Post that. Did you file a report with your own Agency so they can forward the info Officially?

thanks,

dodger

http://www.oag.state.ny.us/internet/onlineformspage.html Go to that page and click the last link "download complaint form". I believe this is one that you print out on your computer, fill it out and mail it to the NYS AG. A written compaint such as this is much more effective than a complaint made online... you never know if they look at those but... they look at and take action on ALL written complaints.

It'll only take a few mins and couldn't hurt. Give em as much info about your scammer as possible. The NY attorney general doesn't put up with crap like that! He will look into it!

Sorry you got boned. 8.gif

----------------

On 12/7/2004 11:20:34 PM Gilbert wrote:

I agree that some serious action needs to be take against ebay. There are far too many loop holes in the system. The only thing that out numbers their loop holes is the number of potential victims.

Who know's what these scumbags will think up next. I predict a self-impolding future for the monster money maker called ebay. If they don't do something, they will kill themself's off. And that would be a bad thing for the majority that use ebay.

----------------

I don't think "serious action must be taken against ebay". For a technology/business plan that's only been prevalent for 6 or 7 years they do pretty well. They are providing a fantastic service to millions of happy buyers and sellers. I don't think it's all that hard to figure out when a scam is being attempted. Even Tim admits he got overly excited and acted a little foolishly. Scammers have been scamming people out of their money long before Ebay. People need to be somewhat responsible for their own actions.

BTW, I haven't heard from the seller I contacted about this guy. He probably thinks I'm some kind of scammer6.gif

Wonder what would happen if you agree to send a WU to one of your scammers, only make it for $5.00 or whatever the minimum is, alert WU and/or police to when you're sending it, then they nab the guy the minute he picks it up! Probably a lot of holes in that plan but... just brainstorming!

There's also a NewYork State Internet Fraud Unit. Will Post that. Did you file a report with your own Agency so they can forward the info Officially?

thanks,

dodger

----------------

Hi, I filed a report at my local PD. I wonder how long it will take them, if thet will act at all. I'll be a nuisance to hurry them though. I could make a translation and send it to whoever thinks they can use it.

On another note. I just visited my bank today and they say I can easily take out a small loan at low cost, because I have a longtime running good reputation. So, I decided this XXXhole will not influence my life sofar that I will not go for what I've allways wanted; a set of mc 30's. I'll make a new thread of this anyway, but keep your eyes open for me. For some reason I prefer outside of eBay and someone you forummers know. Later on that.Tim.

persisitant little biter am I not?9.gif

For anyone in need, I have a bridge for sale. Not sure what shipping costs will be though.

Don: Thanks for the address, nice of you to take the time.

Tim: A thought, would your either Homeowner or Renter Insurance cover the fraud?

I would contact your Police today to see if the have made contact with the Sunnyside Police. Send a letter to the address asking about the amlifiers condition. If they respond then you will also have a mail fraud case.

dodger

I like calling Electro-Voice regarding some of the microphones I own. A HUMAN BEING answers the phone.

If you don't want to leave voice mail that Human tries to figure out someone else that can help you.

The ebay, Paypal "help Less" forms are a joke.

Calling AT&T also is a joke - sub-menu after sub-menu after main menu.

I've also noticed that menus for voice are using a different number than 0 to reach an Operator. "That is not a Valid option."

I us Charter One Bank - recently taken over, will have name change, new checks etc. But before the take-over it was common to call and hear that you have called at the busiest time and wait time is likely to exceed 20 minutes. The new bank corrected that by hiring a lot more staff. But 20 minutes?

dodger