Rejoyce nostalgic froots!

Painful Reality

----------------

On 12/8/2004 12:04:05 PM DeanG wrote:

I saw it, and it looks fun. But thanks to you, I'm all freaked out over the iron thing.
9.gif

----------------

Looks like fun indeed.

Irons are from Uncle Ned at Triode Electronic. I wouldn't be surprise those are from Heyboer but I can't say for sure.

----------------

On 12/8/2004 3:54:16 PM sunnysal wrote:

you know SOMEONE could do that same thiing with a nice PP2A3 amp, just bag the parts and sell as a kit...nice idea...tony

----------------

I sometime wake up in pool of sweat after having made a nightmare about selling kits...

I've been seeing too many posts on the Bottlehead that goes:

"Ping Doc B... Urgent... Called you 53 times yesterday between midnight at 2 AM but you don't answer... I just finish my Foreplay and one channel doesn't work. Don't give me the technical Mumbo Jumbo as it's the first time ever I soldered something but I want my Foreplay to work rigth now."

Too much for me to cope with. Especially for barely no money.

At some point my friend who's selling copper chassis will put out a top plate for the Seth but he's overwhelmed with his day job now so this project is lagging. That is most certainly as close to a kit form the Seth will ever be.

Personally I did enjoy doing the manual and will probably do others like a 2A3/300B SET amp I'm actually building (the "Râ"). I'm also tackling another preamp optimized for the Seth (a rather tough load for a preamp) which should be the subject of a building manual. But still... no kits!

----------------

On 12/8/2004 12:19:50 PM Painful Reality wrote:

----------------

On 12/8/2004 12:04:05 PM DeanG wrote:

I saw it, and it looks fun. But thanks to you, I'm all freaked out over the iron thing.
9.gif

----------------

Looks like fun indeed.

Irons are from Uncle Ned at Triode Electronic. I wouldn't be surprise those are from Heyboer but I can't say for sure.

----------------

I don't think so. Ned has a transformer supplier right in Chicago but not sure who I'm fairly sure there of descent quality.

if you read real closely he says the trannies are made in chicago so I guess that's it...

well o.k. maybe not kits for jeff but perhaps someone wants to make some bucks building the lessard amps for those who cannot build them theirselves...?

or we can pray that jeff gets a little bored and decides to build some amps (and/or preamps) for customers again...

regards, tony

----------------

On 12/8/2004 5:21:53 PM sunnysal wrote:

or we can pray that jeff gets a little bored and decides to build some amps (and/or preamps) for customers again...

----------------

Maybe in my retirement years...

I realised that I can't do this part time. It's too time consuming to do it part time for a guy that lives in a nice city with too many good shows, too many restaurants, etc...

----------------

On 12/8/2004 8:59:48 PM Painful Reality wrote:

----------------

On 12/8/2004 5:21:53 PM sunnysal wrote:

----------------

Maybe in my retirement years...

I realised that I can't do this part time. It's too time consuming to do it part time for a guy that lives in a nice city with too many good shows, too many restaurants, etc...

----------------

And a beautiful sweetheart no doubt?

Cool. A nice preamp would be a good thing. I read through the Seth manual, but don't remember much at this hour. Why so hard for a preamp?

Marvel

Probably because of the grid choke in the input driver?

What about a linestage or pre-amp or whatever that used a 600 ohm linestage OPT?

I would guess that would be low enough input impedance?

A kit? You can buy the Seth transformers in a package, you have a rather nice online manual with a parts list, and step by step instructions on how to fabricate the thing.

The only thing you don't get is a pre-fabricated chassis.

But I would only buy the parts and build a pair of Seth amps if Jeff comes personally to my home and holds my hand while I build them. 14.gif

I've been trying to breadboard the Audio Note linestage (or bastard variation) that uses the 5687.

I scored a NOS Tung-Sol 5687 at a yard sale with some other parts for two bucks, wish I had another.

I got it going, but I'm thinking the DC bench supply I have is noisy.

The circuit is too simple to make that much noise.

I need to fix the supply, I was having fun breadboarding. Plus I have parts for a couple few linestage topologies.

Good luck on the parafeed linestage or whatever you would call it.