ebay cornwall decorator second chance offer

johnyholiday

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5733406524&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT I bid on these an was sniped. Am i being spoofed on this second chance offer email i recieved seems to be from ebay an legit.I have seen this aution companys name mentioned on the board before an the name of a person there that had been talked to on the phone was suposse to be cool. As for the speakers themselfs do they look like original ,where the woofers that color in the decorator series. Any help or comments welcomed ,what would be the best way of cleaning the woofer cones they look maybe stained. thanks i want these badboys but don't want to get burned for 1k plusshipping ps also saw a pair where the owener had a zenore diode installed in the crossover for the tweeter he compared it to a rear end on a car that was un-shocked to one that had shocks any comments on that welcomed too

Oh, there they are, sharp looking, serial numbers 11p078 and 11p079 tell what they have inside, sold two weeks ago, hornuss has NOT come up with the money, but johnyholiday ( 0 ) might!

a second chance offer to the next highest bidder is common whne the first winner backs out, seems legit to me, write them and call them, very high score, they are EBay resellers...2.gif

Johnyholiday,

Welcome to the forum. You've gotten some good advice from Colin.

Your instincts are exactly right to contact the seller. When the scam works the buyer is deceived into thinking that the Ebay second offer comes from the seller, when it is in fact the scammer.

The whole key to staying safe here is to communicate via e-mail and perhaps by phone with the REAL seller. That communication would be by going directly to the item page and contact the seller. A legitimate seller would also not mind being contacted by phone, for a purchase the size of this one. Again, go through the Ebay system on contact info for a seller.

That will protect you from a scammer's fake second chance offer.

There is one sad scenario that might still happen, that would be if the Ebay seller's identity has been stolen by a scammer. However, when buying from a seller who is actively moving auctions on Ebay, that would be most unlikely.

BTW, those decorator Cornwalls look good. Hope everything works out to enjoy them.

THANKS, JOHNY HOLIDAY GOT THE MONEY ,I will call these people i remember some one on the forum had talk to them or a certain person that was very good, may have been someone named "todd" they list their number, i thought they might come back around because of the shipping had to be to a buiness. I got sniped in last 28 seconds these cornwalls make me salavate

Good word of caution, but sounds pretty legit to me. Beautiful Cornwalls, at $1000 a tad pricier than most, but since they're Decorators in a beautiful finish and condition, you're going to be a very happy camper!

Post back with your first impressions after you score these babies!

Michael

----------------

On 12/14/2004 8:40:07 AM johnyholiday wrote:

THANKS, JOHNY HOLIDAY GOT THE MONEY ,I will call these people i remember some one on the forum had talk to them or a certain person that was very good, may have been someone named "todd" they list their number, i thought they might come back around because of the shipping had to be to a buiness. I got sniped in last 28 seconds these cornwalls make me salavate

----------------

johnyholiday,

Did you notice that the seller left positive feedback about the winning bidder on Dec 6th? These eBay "sell for you" type operations usually don't do that until they get the money. Check out the sellers terms from the auction -

"...Personal checks are accepted if the check includes your full address, phone number, and driver's license number and state. We use electronic check processing, which clears your check overnight and allows us to ship instantly. Our processing company destroys the check, so please note that you will not get it back with your bank statement. If you do not agree to these terms, please choose another payment method.

The buyer must respond within 2 days of the auction's close, and payments must be received within 7 days of the auction ending. PayPal payments to payment@ezbayer.com are preferred! All payments must be in U.S. Dollars via money orders, cashier's checks, or PayPal. Credit card payments are accepted via PayPal only.

Payments should be made out to EZBAYER, LLC, and sent to 6505 S. Rice Ave, Bellaire, TX 77401.

We accept returns and provide refunds of the purchase price (less shipping) promptly if we fail to describe our item accurately. We cannot refund shipping charges. Requests for refunds must be made within 48 hours of your receipt of the item, and the item returned within 7 days of buyer receipt. Sorry, no exceptions."

All that said, those ARE beautiful speakers.

Good Luck,

Chris

Don't get your hopes up I am reasonably certain that Russ did indeed purchase those speakers! I would not make arrangements or send money to anyone. I would go to the original auction ad and get the contact information from there and contact the purported sellers directly.

Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 04:56:09 -0800

To: xxxxxxx@xxxxxx.net

Subject: Question from eBay Member

This email was sent by an eBay member via eBay's email forwarding system. If you reply to the email, your response will go directly to the member and not through eBay.

Message From eBay Member

If this email is an offer to directly sell you an item without bidding on and winning the item on eBay, please report it to us immediately and do not respond. An offer to sell an item directly to another eBay member through email violates eBay rules. It is also extremely unsafe to purchase an item through this email system regardless of the seller's claims or feedback, as you lose the benefit of eBay's purchase protection programs and risk losing your money.

Never pay for your eBay item through instant cash transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Such services offer Internet shoppers no protection against fraud.

Dear johnyholiday,

You expressed interest in an item titled "VINTAGE KLIPSCH CORNWALL CD-BR DECORATOR SPEAKERS OB!" (Item #5733406524) by bidding, however the auction has ended with another member as the high bidder. In compliance with eBay policy, the seller is making this Second Chance Offer to you at your bid price of US $1,000.00. The seller has issued this Second Chance Offer because either the winning bidder was unable to complete the transaction or the seller has duplicate items for sale. If you accept this offer, you will be able to exchange Feedback with the seller and will be eligible for eBay services associated with a transaction, such as fraud protection. To learn more about Second Chance Offer go to: http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/personal_offer.html

Please respond to the question on eBay by clicking the button below.

Thank you,

ellene5693

----------------

On 12/14/2004 9:59:22 AM johnyholiday wrote:

Yes very interesting about the positive feed back on dec-06-04 on "hornruss"

----------------

Yes, I wouldn't touch that email you were sent. Go to the actual auction site, click "Ask Seller A Question" and ask him if he is sending the Second chance offer on the Cornwalls. My bet is he tells you no. Seems the Second Chance offer scammers are going after Mac and Klipsch a lot these days.

REPORTED THIS TO EBAY ,CLOSED MY PAYPAL , WAS NEVER FUNDED OR EVER HAD ANY CREDITCARD INFO, AN CHANGED EBAY PASSWORD JUST AS A PRECAUTION.I will see what ebay has to say ,when i pressed the response button of the email,it asked me for my username an password ,an looks like a legit ebay site very interesting. thanks again guys an gals

called the seller, a very nice lady an her husband is todd,there is no second offer, it is a spoof an looks dam good,they have been getting many of these a day 5 to 15. she says almost on all high priced items not just speakers an amps ,looking for the quick hit on your paypal or anything else she also said they have had customers who have payed out thousands in fraud ,thanks again, enjoy those hornruss