Cornwall or Cornwall II8519941

Deang

----------------

On 12/30/2004 4:00:55 PM DeanG wrote:

S/N 8519941

1985 right?

----------------

Hello Dean,

My 1985 Cornwalls have serial numbers 8538171 + 8538172, and they are type I's (rear mounted drivers). I would say that since the ones you mention here are built even earlier, they are probably type I's as well.

cheers,

forrest

1985 was the transition year from Cornwalls (removable back) to the 2nd Cornwall II (non-removable back).

It didn't happen on 01/01/1985. We all know that the concept of a specific model year change over was unknown @ Klipsch.

For 1985 you just have to look at them to know. The serial number will not tell you.

This eBay item: 5721350078 is of a 1985 Cornwall with removable back. This was in Sept so it may not be available for viewing for long.

Obviously (so why then am I even typing this?), a picture is worth a thousand words (maybe 2K in some cases). Is this a local pair that you're considering, or is it a pair looking for new crossovers? (I ask this question of Dean, knowing full well we do not answer each other, either on the forum, in PMs, or in emails. I guess it's rhetorical. Or, is it ironic?1.gif )

In the transition, I've seen the same drivers used in both. Looked weird to have what should be a front mount driver used in a rear mount cabinet.

As was stated if you can tell whther the backs were detachable and the drivers rear mounted they, for all intents a purposes a I.

dodger