Brands You Hate and Brands You Love

Guest Anonymous

I put Apple and Monster in the same catagory. If you can't win be innovation, win by litagation. (Apple has a long history, remember Franklin 6502 based computers?) So they'd be in my dislike catagory.

In the like catagory, I like Walmart myself. In this market, a bag of Tyson buffalo spiced chicken tenders is $2.00 more expensive at the super market than at Walmart. In a world where a motorist will drive five miles to save a nickle on a gallon of gas, $2 is two tankfulls. And of course Klipsch, without which my life would have been very different.

Rick

EDIT: I saw this topic last night and wasn't going to respond but first thing this morning I see this:

http://www.reuters.co.uk/newsArticle.jhtml?type=internetNews&storyID=7250030&section=news&src=rss/uk/internetNews

Besides Klipsch, I don't have much brand loyalty because the brand names don't mean much anymore. The mass of consumer durable goods in the US are made off shore and branded by the current owners of the name. This doesn't mean they are necessarily worse than Made in USA products (if you can find any) but most goods are dredged up from third-world factories as generic products, slightly customized and then 'branded' for each countrie's preferences. I drive a Mercury Grand Marquis-an American car, right? Nope, made in Canada. My old car (an 89 Grand Marq also made in Ontario) had a Blaupunkt stereo-made in Germany? Nope, Indonesia. RCA is owned by Thompson-CSF, a French firm, and Zenith by Lucky Goldstar. Even brands that are still-self owned have, in many cases, sacrificed build quality to be 'competetive' in the global economy.

Like: (Current) Ford (Cars and Trucks), Klipsch, Pioneer Elite, U.S. Military, 'Lost' TV Show

Dislike: (Current) Dodge (Cars and Trucks), Bose, Sony, Cowardly Terrorists, 'Fear Factor' TV Show

Like:

Klipsch and the Forum

Original McIntosh

NAD

Vintage Yamaha

Toyota Their crumple zone works, truck drive in 30 ' truck cut in front of her. Photographed scene, you can see the crumple zones. Corolla doing about 30 in a 40 zone.

Parasound

Crossing Jordan

Dislike:

Samsung

Over-priced dumb Audio Tweaks

Monster Cable

Target Stores and any others that would not allow Salvation Army bell ringers

Cable companies that charge high rates and have paid programming, info-mercials, after 0200.

Wal-Mart

Banks that boost interest rates on cards which force many to file Bankruptcy, then complain about so many Bankruptcies.

dodger

I would count the armed services as a brand of protection and peace of mind. Also Vintage Marantz and 1973 Dodge Challengers. (sorry Picky)

Add the terrorist brand to my dislikes.

This Forum has much more in common than one may think. It's only the way some word things (that includes me) that make Members appear quite different. INHO.

dodger

dodger: No foul, no worries, man. I should clarify that I like all of the vintage Dodge Muscle Cars, simply do not care for their modern-day cars and trucks. I edited my post to reflect this distinction. Sorry for any confusion.

There are so few brands I loyally trust and often they are the high margin producers: meaning that they can make a better quality product, but not for less and yet still lots of them. Yet, I usually dont buy them, preferring cheaper used or generic.

Things I BOUGHT partly because of the safety and pride of the brand-name:

Mazda compact PU, Klipsch subwoofer close-outs, harmon/kardon, Suave, Flex, Natures Gate conditioners, shampoos, toothpaste, Capt. Morgan rum, Tanguary (sp) gin (the bottle from At preacherman Daddydees May 2004 Klipsch gathering in Little Rock, Arkansas lasted almost all year), VibraGro, Cyclop-eeze, Omega fish foods, Chesky, & DMP discs, ARNOLD, Bruce Willis, M. Night Shaylaman (sp?), Jack Nicholas, James Cameron, Steve Spielberg movies; Dell, Sony TV, Envision monitors, Belkin router, HP printers, Dynaco, Rotel, Hellolights VHO retrofit kit

12.gif

----------------

On 1/6/2005 2:10:41 PM picky wrote:

dodger:
No foul, no worries, man. I should clarify that I like all of the vintage Dodge Muscle Cars, simply do not care for their modern-day cars and trucks. I edited my post to reflect this distinction. Sorry for any confusion.

----------------

Thanks Picky,

I never in my life thought that I would her of a Hemi powered Jeep or that they could make a true Hemi engine again.

dodger

Loyal to: Klipsch, Nakamichi, Subaru, Mitsubishi video products, New Balance sneakers, Rawlings baseball mitts. Local record stores. And of course, the Boston Red Sox.

Despise: Wal-Mart, Sony, Panasonic, Circuit City (always a hassle), Nike, any clothes designed as billboard space (Ambercrombie, North Face, Aeropostale), Ford. And of course the New York Yankees.

Apple had every chance in the world to become as big as Microsoft, but pissed it away by not liscensing it's OS. After being by far the best and most numberous home PCs in the 80s, they're now relegated to hippies, anarchists and those who feel the need to pay $1300 for a web browser and jukebox.

I used to love Apples and Macs, but somewhere they just went wrong and really have nothing on high end PCs, except a higher price tag. Not to mention there really isn't much software out there for Macs anymore.

I will give them the nod on some innovative styling, but the lack of a disk drive was a bit presumptuous. iPod seems to be saving the companies bacon.