Grille Cloth

tonyd9

There is a guy on eBay now who is selling some OE cane grill cloth. $95 for 18"x66" or enough to do a pair of Heresys. I thought he was selling the whole remains of the roll, he has 8' for the 95. I almost hit the BIN button but confusion stopped me and I PM'd him to get the facts. At his prices it would cost $4-500 for enough to do Khorns.

Rick

Your garden variety fabric store will carry black grill cloth and usually some other range of colors (if you like peach or chartruse). Also...if you want to spend a little more, you can go to

http://www.wendellfabrics.com/mellotone/standard.html

and they have quite the variety of cloth and will even send you a free sampler packet with a BUNCH of samples!

The cloth direct from Klipsch sounds pretty good but I'd just check before buying.

I have a comment on the Wendel fabrics grill cloth. I bought DF6004 which is in the Mellotone fire resistant section. Those seemed to be the nicest, I did get the sampler package sent to me prior to choosing.

The grill cloth is not OEM. However, I covered one speaker frame and left the other original. The Wendel DF6004 is more acoustically transparent in A/B testing. The material almost feels like a nylon mesh. So far I am happy with the material.

The people there are nice to deal with and do offer the sampler package so you can touch the material and color match it before you purchase.

Edit: I used it on a pair of Heresys.