• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

----------------

On 1/19/2005 11:34:02 PM tofu wrote:

wouldn't building your own corns be fairly easy?

----------------

Yeah Timmi, all you would need is a pair of tight wooden shoes!!!6.gif9.gif

Seriously, Cornwall components come up all the time on, forgive me for saying this, eBay. A pair of K-77s, K55s, K-600s and K-33s. Have Dean send you some Type Bs and a local craftsman build a pair of cabinents. The Frieght, duty and VAT would be a lot less than whole speakers I would think.

Of course if you bought Gregg a round trip ticket to Amsterdam plus E1,000 I'm sure he would deliver those beauties he is selling.2.gif

Rick

Of course if you bought Gregg a round trip ticket to Amsterdam plus E1,000 I'm sure he would deliver those beauties he is selling.2.gif

Anybody of this forum is more than welcome to give me a call when they are in Holland. The pocketmoney though is not necessary, a little green bag and a box of Heineken together with great music should do the trick. If Cornwalls or K-Horns can be taken with you (as handluggage perhabs) a bonus is appropriate though! Any soldiers coming to Germany, Belgium or Holland with a little spare space?

Well, now we are getting back to the old question:

Cornwall VS Cornwall II. I have a feeling that's been discussed her before.2.gif I'll dive into the dungeons of this forum and have look. In the meantime feel free to comment. I was also considering the Corns offered by Kievitt in General Queations, but after the initial enthousiasm (I have to learn how to control that), maybe they are not mint enough to take the hassle to ship them. I hope he does not mind too much that I wasted his time.

Tim.

Im falling for the Idear of building my own.

Never built my own speakers before(well i have but just crap one using old car speakers when i was 10)so I would not know were to start.

At least I would have desinge flexabilty (to a degree)

Any pointers that anyone could offer would help.

Now to the drawing board!4.gif

Where's my pen???

MK

----------------

On 1/20/2005 2:39:03 AM Matthorns wrote:

Am I right in assuming that the K-600 is the crossover???
1.gif

----------------

The K-600 is the model of the squaker horn used in the seventies. Cornwall IIs in the eighties had the K-56(7 ??) horn and driver in one unit with the diaphram captured between the magnet and plastic horn.

Rick

Timmi, that is a K-77M tweeter in that Cornwall.

The midrange driver looks to be the K-57K and it probably has the composite K-600 Horn. I did not think that the '83's would have the K-57K but they may have started introducing them earlier. The crossover network is likely the B-3 version.

Nice looking with the Walnut Oil finish and cane grills. No takers on eBay even twice around that is surprising.

For Timm and Matt:

The offer was made yesterday by a Fellow Forum Member to actually go inspect MC 30s if you see them on ebay. Thus avoiding what happened once before.

Greg is a long-standing trustworthy Member, I could recommend his Cornwalls. I do not know Don yet, but would be willing to speak with him.

So, the point is if something comes up that you wish to find out about, if near me, I would gladly do it, and I believe most other Forum Members would also. That includes Speakers as well as amplifiers.

dodger