THX Ultra2 system on e-bay

customsteve01

• Moderators

Well, he says "Beware of anybody who is selling any Klipsch product that was not purchased from an authorized Klipsch retailer as it will have no warranty."

He would be included as an unauthorized seller of Klipsch product--we do not support warranties from items purchased on eBay.

----------------

On 2/10/2005 12:49:45 PM Amy Unger wrote:

Well, he says "Beware of anybody who is selling any Klipsch product that was not purchased from an authorized Klipsch retailer as it will have no warranty."

He would be included as an unauthorized seller of Klipsch product--we do not support warranties from items purchased on eBay.

----------------

This has never crossed my mind as I am very happy with my Klipsch system, but if I were to sell the system and include my sales receipt (from an authorized dealer) would the warranty be void to the purchaser? I've been under the impression, possibly mistakenly, that the Klipsch warranty is transferable provided the speakers were purchased from an authorized dealer.

Could you clarify, Amy?

Klipsch warrantys only apply to original purchasers from authorized dealers. As a second hand merchadise purchaser, the warranty would not apply. This is normal with most consumer goods.

Auto OEM warrantys are tranferable as are Bryston and Sunfire warrantys. If a Sunfire amp needs repair out of warranty, there is a single flat charge for all repairs and a 3 year warranty on the amp after repair.

Bill

----------------

On 2/10/2005 1:47:08 PM markmaple wrote:

This is from the Klipsch website:

"This Warranty is only valid for the original purchaser and will automatically terminate prior to expiration if this product is sold or otherwise transferred to another party."

----------------

what happens to the warranty if someone bought a pair klipsch speakers for you as a christmas present?????????? is the warranty voided right off the bat??...just curious..

>>what happens to the warranty if someone bought a pair klipsch speakers for you as a christmas present??????????<<

Then you have really frickin' cool relatives/friends/significant other(s)! Assuming they aren't giving you a used pair, then normally you are considered the original owner, just keep the reciept (hopefully you can get a "gift" reciept that doesn't have the price on it, many places offer those these days).

This is the way other retail works, so I assume Klipsch would honor (new) gifts, as long as they are purchased from an authorized dealer.

Scott