K-33E Woofers for Cornwall

cwilts

Guest Anonymous

Last weekend I took a trip to Chicago to meet Steve aka Smiling to pick up the 67 Cornwall Verts he had for sale, one woofer needed to be reconed due to foot damage,Last night I pulled both woofers out getting them ready for shipping for reconing I noticed that these are K-33M drivers not K-33E can someone here on the forum tell me the difference ...thanks in advance Tony C

----------------

On 2/15/2005 5:13:50 PM Hallwalker wrote:

Last weekend I took a trip to Chicago to meet Steve aka Smiling to pick up the 67 Cornwall Verts he had for sale, one woofer needed to be reconed due to foot damage,Last night I pulled both woofers out getting them ready for shipping for reconing I noticed that these are K-33M drivers not K-33E can someone here on the forum tell me the difference ...thanks in advance Tony C

----------------

....and also the K-33P....

Thanks,

Terry

The K-34 is identical to the K-33 with only only difference being that it has a smaller (not as tall) decorative cardboard trim ring since they are designed to be flush mounted in the CWII cabinet otherwise they are the same.

If need be you can use a K-33 in the CWII but the trim ring will stick out some.

Strangely enough I think that the K-33B was made by CTS (Chacag Telephone Supply)

----------------

On 2/17/2005 7:22:16 PM Budman54 wrote:

P stands for Paducah, KY i have 71, 72 and 76 corns all have the letter P on the woofers

----------------

Thanks Bud. Always thought that CTS produced in those years.

Terry

EDIT: My '73verts & '75horz are K-33E... Interesting that another '75 (within just a few months) would come from Paducah. All were ordered from the same town in AR. CTS must have been cranking them out at the time.

Regards,

Terry